Exciting announcement! The University of Leeds is pleased to inform you that we are now open to applications for the upcoming academic session of 2023-2024.
Our utmost commitment lies in empowering students and fostering their academic and professional aspirations through an innovative and transformative educational journey. We take immense pleasure in extending a heartfelt invitation to join us on this remarkable venture.
To enhance your chances of admission, we highly recommend a thorough review of our comprehensive admission guidelines and requirements.
Moreover, we strongly encourage you to explore our diverse array of programs, tailored to various interests. To help you make well-informed decisions, we have curated a dedicated blog that offers invaluable insights for prospective students like you.
About the University of Leeds
The University of Leeds, established in 1904, is a non-profit public institution of higher education situated in the bustling city of Leeds, Yorkshire and the Humber. With a population range of 500,000-1,000,000 residents, the university operates as a coeducational institution.
It falls within the large-sized category, accommodating 35,000-39,999 students. Recognized and chartered by the Privy Council, the University of Leeds offers a wide array of degree programs, including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees. These programs are offered in various fields of study.
Admission to the university follows a selective policy, considering prospective students’ academic records and grades. International students are encouraged to apply for enrollment, and the university provides an array of academic and non-academic resources.
These include a library, on-campus housing, sports facilities, financial assistance in the form of scholarships, study abroad and exchange opportunities, online courses, distance learning programs, and administrative support.
Why should I consider the University of Leeds?
Studying at the University of Leeds offers several benefits and opportunities. Here are some reasons to study there:
- Academic Excellence: The University of Leeds is renowned for its academic excellence and is consistently ranked among the top universities in the UK and the world. It has a strong reputation for research and teaching across a wide range of disciplines.
- Wide Range of Programs: The university offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across various fields of study. Whether you’re interested in the humanities, sciences, engineering, business, or the arts, you’re likely to find a program that suits your interests and goals.
- Research Opportunities: The University of Leeds is a research-intensive institution, providing numerous opportunities for students to engage in cutting-edge research. If you have a passion for research, studying at Leeds can give you access to state-of-the-art facilities and collaborations with leading academics.
- Industry Connections: Leeds has strong industry links, offering excellent placement and internship opportunities. The university actively collaborates with local, national, and international businesses, providing students with real-world experiences and enhancing their employability prospects.
- Campus and Facilities: The university boasts a picturesque and vibrant campus with modern facilities. From well-equipped libraries and laboratories to sports centres and social spaces, the university provides an enriching environment for students to learn, grow, and socialize.
- Student Life and Support: Leeds is a vibrant student city with a rich cultural and social scene. The university has a diverse student population, fostering a welcoming and inclusive community. The university also offers comprehensive support services, including academic support, career guidance, and student well-being initiatives.
- Global Perspective: The University of Leeds attracts students from around the world, creating a diverse and multicultural learning environment. This global perspective can broaden your horizons, expose you to different cultures and ideas, and help you develop a global network of contacts.
- Strong Alumni Network: The university has a vast and influential alumni network spread across various industries and sectors. Being a part of this network can provide valuable connections and career advancement opportunities.
It’s important to note that choosing a university is a personal decision that should consider your individual preferences, academic goals, and career aspirations. It’s recommended to research further and visit the university’s official website, attend open days, and speak to current or former students to gain a better understanding of whether the University of Leeds aligns with your interests and aspirations.
University of Leeds identity
- Name of the university: University of Leeds
- Year of creation: 1904 Origins date back to 1831
- Motto Et Augebitur Scientia, And Knowledge Will Increase
- Colours: green, black, red and beige
University of Leeds Campus Location
Address Woodhouse Lane
LS2 9JT Yorkshire and the Humber
United KingdomTel+44 (113) 243 1751Fax+44 (113) 244 3923
University of Leeds Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
University of Leeds tuition details
Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Local Students: 12,500-14,999 US$ (11,390-13,670 Euro) 7,500-9,999 US$ (6,830-9,110 Euro) International Students: Over 20,000 US$ (18,225 Euro) Over 20,000 US$ (18,225 Euro)
University of Leeds Admission Information
Admission Information and Statistics
UniRank provides an overview of the University admission policy and statistics.
- Admission by Gender The University is a coeducational institution, that admits both men and women.
- Admission Selection The University follows a selective admission policy, considering students’ past academic records and grades.
- Acceptance Rate The University acceptance rate range is not available at this time.
- International Admissions The University warmly welcomes international students to apply for admission.
Admission Office For further information or inquiries, please contact the Admission Office at the following address: Woodhouse Lane Leeds LS2 9JT Phone: (113) 343 3999 Fax: (113) 343 2336
University of Leeds Enrollment Profile
- Student Enrollment: The University has student enrollment ranging from 35,000 to 39,999, positioning it as a large-sized institution.
- Academic Staff: The institution employs 3,000 to 3,499 academic employees (faculty).
- Control Type: The University is a public higher education institution.
- Entity Type: The University is a non-profit educational institution.
- Academic Calendar: The University follows a semester-based academic calendar.
- Campus Setting: The University’s main campus is situated in an urban setting.
- Religious Affiliation: The University is not affiliated with religious organizations.
Leeds Facilities and Services
Facilities and Services at the University of Leeds:
- Library: The University has a dedicated physical library where students can access a wide range of resources and materials.
- Housing: The institution offers both on-campus residences or dormitories as well as off-campus accommodation options for its students.
- Sports Facilities: The university provides sporting facilities and organizes various sports activities to encourage student participation and physical well-being.
- Financial Aid: The University offers various types of financial aid, including scholarships, grants, loans, tuition waivers, and emergency financial assistance, to eligible students.
- Study Abroad: The institution offers study abroad and exchange program opportunities, allowing students to gain international experience and broaden their academic horizons.
- Distance Learning: The university also provides distance learning options for certain programs or courses, enabling students to pursue education remotely.
- Academic Counseling: Information on academic counselling services was not reported.
- Career Services: No information was provided about career services.
- Institutional Hospital: The University operates an institutional hospital, which serves as both a healthcare facility for patients and a teaching hospital for medical students and residents. This hospital is typically affiliated with the university’s medical school and offers a range of healthcare services.
Please note that the information provided is based on data available until September 2021. There may have been updates or changes to the facilities and services offered since then.
University of Leeds accreditation details
Institutional Recognition or Accreditation: The University holds official recognition and accreditation from the Privy Council.
Year of initial accreditation: The university achieved its first accreditation in 1904.
Specialized or Programmatic Accreditations: Furthermore, the University of Leeds has obtained accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD-EQUIS), indicating excellence in management education.
The University of Leeds Affiliate and Membership Details
The University maintains various memberships and affiliations that contribute to its global network. While UniRank highlights some of these connections, they may not be exhaustive. For a comprehensive and up-to-date roster, please consult the official University of Leeds website. Noteworthy memberships and affiliations include:
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
- European University Association (EUA).
- N8 Research Partnership
- Russell Group
- Universities in the UK
- Worldwide Universities Network (WUN).
For full and accurate information, please visit the University of Leeds’ official website.
The University of Leeds’ academic structure
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Biological Sciences
- Faculty of Business
- Faculty of Education, Social Sciences and Law
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Environment
- Faculty of Mathematics and Physical Sciences
- Faculty of Medicine and Health
- Faculty of Performance, Visual Arts and Communications
Also, Apply for: The University of Warwick Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
University of Leeds Social Media Platform
UniRank provides concise evaluations, rankings, and metrics of various social media platforms affiliated with the University of Leeds. These assessments serve as a reference for comparison and an extra resource for prospective applicants in their decision-making process.
- Facebook A review of the university’s official Facebook page.
- Twitter Twitter A review of the official University of Leeds Twitter page.
- YouTube A review of the University of Leeds’ official YouTube channel.
- Instagram The official University of Leeds Instagram page.
- LinkedIn The primary LinkedIn profile of the University of Leeds.
- TikTok is not applicable.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the University of Leeds admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: