The University of Lowa is currently accepting applications for the 2023-2024 academic session. As a leading education institution, we strive to provide a dynamic and innovative learning experience.
We invite you to join our esteemed university and embark on a fulfilling journey to achieve your academic and career aspirations.
We encourage you to explore our admission procedures and discover the many benefits of studying with us. To gain a comprehensive understanding of our admission policies and advantages, we highly recommend checking out our exceptional blog designed specifically for prospective students. This valuable resource will provide you with all the information you need.
About the University of Lowa
The University of Iowa, established in 1847, is a public, non-profit institution located in Iowa City, a small urban city with a population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants. The university has a branch campus in Cedar Rapids and is officially accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
With an enrollment range of 35,000-39,999 students, the University of Iowa offers a wide variety of undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs across various fields of study. Admission to the university is selective and based on entrance exams, past academic records, and grades, with an admission rate range of 80-90%.
International students are encouraged to apply. The university provides numerous academic and non-academic facilities and services to students, including access to a library, housing, sports facilities, scholarships, study abroad and distance learning programs, and administrative services.
Why should I consider the University of Lowa?
The University of Iowa is a major research institution in the heartland of the United States. It is known around the world for its balanced commitment to the arts, sciences, and humanities.
It is home to one of the nation’s largest academic medical centres, a world-famous creative writing program, and hundreds of options for affordable, accessible education. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Iowa in the top 5% of universities worldwide.
The University of Iowa is located in the casual yet cosmopolitan environment of Iowa City, widely recognized as one of the country’s most livable communities. Iowa City is currently ranked the #4 Best College Town in America and the #1 destination city for new graduates, based on a high density of people with a college degree, opportunities, and amenities like restaurants,
affordability of apartments, and the ease of getting around. Iowa City is named a Silver Bicycle Friendly Community. It is the only city in the United States to be named a UNESCO City of Literature. 22,000 students choose Iowa each year to earn a bachelor’s degree, while another 10,000 students are studying at the master’s or PhD level.
Over 5,000 courses are offered, meaning unique courses not often found elsewhere become real options for our students. The student-to-faculty ratio is 16:1. Students can choose from 200 areas of study to earn a major, double major, major and minor or pick up a specialized certificate.
The campus is within close driving distance from major metro areas like Chicago, Minneapolis, St Louis, and Kansas City. Those cities become key locations for internship and job opportunities. 450 companies come to campus each year to interview students in 5 large job fairs.
Our new graduates are highly marketable and the proof is in our 90-100% job placement rate. the University of Lowa diwali celebration the University of Iowa Diwali celebration is organised by the Iowa Indian Student Alliance The University of Iowa is one of only 34 public institutions in the U.S. to hold membership in the Association of American Universities (AAU).
AAU membership is by invitation only and recognizes the most innovative institutions for academic research at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels. The Iowa Center for Research by Undergraduates (ICRU), provides direction and support for undergraduates seeking research in their field.
It directly connects students to faculty for scholarly activity. 1,280 graduating seniors in 2014 participated in projects beyond their regular assignments. The University of Iowa is home to many advanced research laboratories. Our unique National Advanced Driving Simulator (NADS) tests human interaction to improve transportation safety.
Undergraduate students can become involved in research in fields such as computer science, engineering, psychology, statistics, and pharmacy. university of Lowa mascot The Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Institute is part of the Iowa Advanced Technology Laboratories.
Faculty, staff and students at the University of Iowa are working on a wide range of research including NanoHealth: Development and Applications of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery, Disease Detection, Imaging and Bioanalytical Assays. NanoEnviro: Environmental Remediation and Decontamination, Green Chemistry, Fuel Cells, Energy,
Sustainability and Sensors. NanoTox: Air Quality, the Natural Environment, Workplace Environment, Human and Animal Toxicity, and Environmental Health. NanoMaterials: Quantum Theory and Modeling of Condensed Phase Matter at the Nanoscale, Synthesis and Characterization of Nanomaterials The University of Iowa Hospitals ad Clinics is recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States.
The advantage to students is that it is located right on campus, making it easier to be involved in research activities with hospital faculty using cutting-edge technology. A large UI Research Park helps grow technology companies that require sustained research relationships with the University of Iowa. It offers business incubation and resources for startups.
Additionally, there is a STEM Hub which enriches the experience for students pursuing STEM field employment and research. university of Lowa Fitness The University of Iowa is part of the Big Ten athletic conference. 24 highly competitive varsity sports are offered plus 33 intramural club sports.
Our students enjoy working out in our Campus Recreation and Wellness Center, ranked #3 best university recreation facility in the country. There students find a rock climbing wall, an Olympic-sized pool, a lap pool with a lazy river, a hot tub, weights, basketball courts, hundreds of treadmills, and an indoor track. American football is very popular where 70,000 fans wearing black and gold pack our stadium on game days. Join the excitement of being a University of Iowa Hawkeye!
The University of Iowa, situated in the heartland of the United States, is a renowned research institution with a balanced commitment to the arts, sciences, and humanities. With a student body of 22,000 undergraduates and 10,000 postgraduates, the university offers over 200 areas of study and boasts a student-to-faculty ratio of 16:1. The university is ranked in the top 5% of universities worldwide by Times Higher Education and is one of only 34 public institutions in the U.S. to hold membership in the Association of American Universities.
Located in Iowa City, the #4 Best College Town in America, the university offers a casual yet cosmopolitan environment with a high density of people with a college degree and numerous opportunities and amenities. The city is named a Silver Bicycle Friendly Community and is the only city in the United States to be named a UNESCO City of Literature.
The university has a strong focus on research, with membership in the AAU recognizing its innovative contributions to academic research at all levels. Undergraduate research is supported by the Iowa Center for Research by Undergraduates, and students can get involved in research in fields such as computer science, engineering, psychology, statistics, and pharmacy. The university is also home to many advanced research laboratories, including the National Advanced Driving Simulator (NADS).
In addition to its academic strengths, the university is also a member of the Big Ten athletic conference. It offers 24 highly competitive varsity sports, as well as 33 intramural club sports. The Campus Recreation and Wellness Center ranked #3 ranked university recreation facility in the country, provides students with state-of-the-art facilities for working out and staying active.
Overall, the University of Iowa offers affordable, accessible education in a vibrant and welcoming community, with ample opportunities for research, athletic pursuits, and personal growth. Join the excitement of being a Hawkeye!
The University of Lowa’s Identity
- Name of the university: University of Iowa
- Acronym: UI
- Year of creation: 1847
- Colours: Black and gold
University of Iowa Campus Location
Address 101 Jessup Hall
United StatesTel+1 (319) 335 3500Fax+1 (319) 335 0807Other locationsCedar Rapids
UL Study Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
The University of Lowa tuition details
Undergraduate local students pay 7,500-10,000 US$ (or 5,500-7,400 Euro), while Postgraduate Local students pay 10,000-12,500 US$ (or 7,400-9,200 Euro). On the other hand, International students pay over 20,000 US$ (or 14,700 Euro) for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs.
The University of Lowa Admission Information
University Admissions Information:
- The university welcomes applications from both men and women (coed) as well as international students.
- The selection process for admission is based on entrance examinations and the past academic records and grades of the students.
- To apply for admission, applicants must fulfil certain admission requirements, including having a secondary school GPA, completion of a college-preparatory program, and providing secondary school records.
- Secondary school rank is recommended but not required.
- Recommendations and formal demonstration of competencies are also not required or recommended.
- Applicants are required to submit admission test scores, including the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for international students.
- Other tests such as Wonderlic and WISC-III are neither required nor recommended.
- The admission rate for the university is between 80-90%.
- The admission office is located at 107 Calvin Hall, Iowa City 52242, and can be reached at (319) 335 3847 or 800 553 4692.
The University of Lowa’s Carnegie Classification
- The official Carnegie classification of the University of Iowa provided by uniRank is “Doctoral Universities: Very High Research Activity” under the Basic Classification.
- Under the 2000 Classification, it falls under “Doctoral/Research Universities–Extensive.”
- This institution is a four-year, large residential university with a high undergraduate enrollment profile.
- It is a selective institution with a low transfer-in rate, and its undergraduate program is four years and full-time.
- The instructional program at the undergraduate level is a balanced mix of arts and sciences/professions, with high graduate coexistence. The same applies to the graduate level.
The University of Lowa’s Enrollment Profile
UniRank presents the University of Iowa’s significant size and profile characteristics:
- Student enrollment ranges between 35,000 and 39,999.
- The academic staff comprises 2,500 to 2,999 individuals.
- The university is categorized as a state-funded institution.
- It is a non-profit entity.
- The academic calendar follows the semester system.
- The university is located in an urban campus setting.
- The University has no religious affiliation.
University of Lowa Facilities and Service
UniRank offers an overview of the University of Iowa’s facilities and services, including:
- Library: The University of Iowa provides access to both physical (books, media, etc.) and digital/electronic collections. In 2018, the library reported 3,258,176 physical volumes, and the university has 7 library branches.
- Housing: On-campus housing is available for University of Iowa students. As of the 2018 academic year, the total dormitory capacity, both on and off campus, was approximately 6,660 students.
- Sports Facilities: The University of Iowa offers sports facilities for students to use.
- Financial Aid: Students can apply for financial aid to fund their education at the University of Iowa.
- Study Abroad: The university provides opportunities for students to study abroad and gain international experience.
- Distance Learning: Students have the option to take classes online through the university’s distance learning program.
- Academic Counseling: Academic counselling services are available to help students with academic goals and challenges.
- Career Services: The university offers career services to assist students with career exploration and job searching.
- Institutional Hospital: The University of Iowa operates an institutional hospital to provide medical care to students and the surrounding community.
University of Lowa accreditation details
Year of initial accreditation: 1913
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- Accreditation Review Commission on Education for Physician Assistants (ARC-PA)
- American Association of Museums (AAM)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- American Dietetic Association (ADA)
- American Library Association (ALA)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- American Psychological Association (APA) Commission on Accreditation (CoA)
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Commission of Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME)
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- Commission on Dental Accreditation (ADA)
- Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Council of Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Education Program (COA)
- Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
- Council on Rehabilitation Education (CORE)
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
- Iowa State Board of Education (ISBE)
- Iowa State Board of Nursing (ISBN)
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- Joint Review Committee on Educational Programs in Nuclear Medicine Technology (JRCNMT)
- Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME)
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
- National Association of Dance Schools (NASD)
- National Association of Music Schools (NASM)
- National Association of Theatre Schools (NAST)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- National Recreation & Park Association (NRPA
- Planning Accreditation Board (PAB)
- Psychological Clinical Science Accreditation System (PCSAS)
University of Lowa Affiliations and Membership Details
The following catalogue features some of the notable memberships and affiliations of the University of Iowa as published by UniRank. It is worth noting that this list may not be exhaustive or current. For a comprehensive list, it is advisable to visit or contact the University of Iowa’s official website.
- Association of American Universities (AAU).
- Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU).
- Big Ten Academic Alliance (BTAA).
- Midwest Universities Consortium for International Activities (MUCIA).
- National Athletic Association (NAA).
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
The University of Lowa’s academic structure
- Craver College of Medicine
- College of Dentistry
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Law
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Public Health
- Graduate College
- Tippie College of Business
University of Lowa Social Media Platform
Evaluate the official social media pages of the University of Iowa on various platforms:
- Facebook: Check out the University of Iowa’s Facebook page
- Twitter: Check out the University of Iowa’s official Twitter page
- YouTube: Check out the University of Iowa’s official YouTube channel
- Instagram: Check out the University of Iowa’s official Instagram page
- LinkedIn: Check out the University of Iowa’s main LinkedIn profile
- TikTok: No official TikTok page found for the University of Iowa
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the University of Lowa admission officials’ website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: