Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year are currently accepted by the University of Melbourne. Our institution is committed to providing outstanding and groundbreaking educational opportunities that can help you reach your academic and professional goals.
We invite you to join us on this thrilling adventure.
To ensure your well-being, we suggest reviewing our admission criteria. Furthermore, we urge you to explore our extensive range of programs, which cater to diverse interests. As a prospective student, we have created a customized blog exclusively for you. This blog offers valuable insights to help you make an informed decision.
About the University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne, founded in 1853, is a non-profit public university located in the urban metropolis of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. It is officially recognized by the Australian Department of Education and Training and is a coeducational institution with over 45,000 enrolled students.
The university offers a wide range of degree programs at various levels, including pre- bachelor’s degrees, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctorate degrees across many fields of study. Admission to the university is selective, based on students’ academic records and grades, and the acceptance rate ranges from 70% to 80%. International students are also welcome to apply for admission.
The university provides a host of academic and non-academic facilities and services such as a library, housing, sports facilities, scholarships and financial aids, study abroad programs, online courses, distance learning, and administrative services.
Why should I consider the University of Melbourne?
The University of Melbourne is one of the top-ranked universities in Australia and the world, with a reputation for academic excellence, research, and innovation. Here are some reasons to consider studying at the University of Melbourne:
- Academic excellence: The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in Australia and the world. It is a member of the prestigious Group of Eight, which comprises Australia’s leading research-intensive universities.
- Wide range of programs: The University of Melbourne offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs across various fields, including the arts, business, engineering, law, medicine, science, and more.
- Strong research focus: The University of Melbourne is a research-intensive institution, with a strong focus on cutting-edge research across various fields. It has world-class research facilities, including the Melbourne School of Engineering and Medicine.
- Global perspective: The University of Melbourne has a strong international outlook, with partnerships and collaborations with universities and institutions across the globe. It also offers international study programs, including study abroad, exchange, and internship opportunities.
- Vibrant campus life: UNIMELB has a vibrant campus life, with a range of social and cultural activities, clubs, and societies. It is located in Melbourne, one of the world’s most livable cities. It has easy access to cultural attractions, nightlife, and natural wonders.
Overall, UNIMELB is an excellent choice for students looking for a top-ranked university with a strong focus on academic excellence, research, and innovation, as well as vibrant campus life in a dynamic city.
The University of Melbourne’s identity
- Name of the university: University of Melbourne
- Acronym: UNIMELB
- Year of creation: 1853
- Motto: Postera Crescam Laude, We grow in future generations’ esteem
The University of Melbourne Campus Location
Address: Swanston Street, Parkville
AustraliaTel+61 (0)3 8344 4000Fax+61 (0)3 8344 5104
The University of Melbourne Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
The University of Melbourne Tuition Details
Academic LevelLocal StudentsInternational StudentsUndergraduate2,500-5,000 US$ (1,800-3,700 Euro)over 20,000 US$ (14,700 Euro)Postgraduate12,500-15,000 US$ (9,200-11,000 Euro)over 20,000 US$ (14,700 Euro)
(Note: The table above is a clearer and more organized way to present the information provided.)
The University of Melbourne Admission Information
- University Admissions Coeducational: Accepting applications from both male and female students
- International Applicants: Welcome to apply
- Selection Criteria: Based on applicants’ academic records and grades
- Acceptance Rate: Approximately 70-80%
- Admissions Office: The International Centre, The University of Melbourne Address: Melbourne 3010 Contact: +(0)3 8344
The University of Melbourne’s enrollment profile
UniRank has released significant size and profile data for The University of Melbourne, including:
- The number of enrolled students is over 45,000.
- The university has between 4,000 and 4,499 academic staff.
- It is a public institution under non-profit control.
- The academic year follows the semester system.
- The university is located in an urban campus setting.
- It has no religious affiliation.
UNIMELB Facilities and Services
UniRank offers a summary of The University of Melbourne’s amenities and services:
- Library: Accessible. Visit the University of Melbourne’s Library for more information.
- Housing: Provided.
- Sports Facilities: Available.
- Financial Aid: Accessible.
- Study Abroad: Supported.
- Distance Learning: Offered.
- Academic Counseling: No information was reported.
- Career Services: No information reported.
- Institutional Hospital: No information reported.
The University of Melbourne’s accreditation details
The Department of Education and Training of Australia has granted legal recognition or accreditation to the University of Melbourne. This recognition was granted in 1853.
In addition to this general accreditation, the University of Melbourne has received specialized or programmatic accreditations from several professional bodies. These include
- CPA Australia, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA)
- Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Engineers Australia, and the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD-EQUIS).
The University of Melbourne Affiliations and Membership Details
UniRank has compiled a list of The University of Melbourne’s significant memberships and affiliations. This includes the
- Group of Eight (Go8), Universities Australia
- Universitas 21 (U21)
- Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU). Nevertheless, this list is incomplete or outdated. For a thorough and current roster, please refer to The University of Melbourne’s website or contact them directly.
The University of Melbourne’s academic structure
- Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- School of Land and Environment
- Law School
- Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Veterinary Science
- School of Graduate Research
- Melbourne Business School
- School of Design
- Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Victorian College of the Arts
- Conservatourium of Music
The University of Melbourne Social Media Platform
- Evaluate the University of Melbourne’s official social media presence on various platforms:
- Facebook: Assess the University of Melbourne’s Facebook page.
- Twitter: Evaluate the University of Melbourne’s Twitter account.
- YouTube: Review the University of Melbourne’s official YouTube channel.
- Instagram: Check out the University of Melbourne’s official Instagram page.LinkedIn: Examine the University of Melbourne’s primary LinkedIn profile.
- TikTok: Not applicable, as the University of Melbourne does not have an official TikTok account.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the University of Melbourne admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: