The University of Missouri is currently accepting applications for the 2023-2024 academic year. Our esteemed institution is committed to providing students with a transformative education that empowers them to achieve their academic and career goals.
We cordially invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
To increase your chances of being admitted, we suggest that you carefully review our admission guidelines and requirements. Additionally, we encourage you to explore our extensive selection of programs, which cater to a wide range of interests. As a potential student, we have created a specialized blog with valuable insights to help you make informed decisions.
About the University of Missouri
The University of Missouri is a state-funded institution of higher education located in Columbia, Missouri. Since its establishment in 1839, the university has provided quality education for students from various backgrounds. Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission,
the University of Missouri offers a diverse range of programs and courses at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. Students can choose from a variety of areas of study based on their interests and career goals. The university follows a selective admission policy that considers students’ academic records and entrance exam performance.
International students are also welcome to enrol. In addition to academic programs, the University of Missouri provides a range of facilities and services. These include housing, sports facilities, financial aid and scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, and administrative services.
Why should I consider the University of Missouri?
The University of Missouri (MU) is a public research university located in Columbia, Missouri. MU is the largest university in Missouri and the flagship campus of the University of Missouri System. Here are some reasons to consider studying at MU:
- Strong academic programs: MU offers more than 300-degree programs across various fields, including agriculture, engineering, journalism, business, and more. The university is known for its strong programs in journalism, education, and the health sciences.
- Research opportunities: MU is a research-intensive university, and students have many opportunities to participate in research projects. The university has several research centres and institutes, and students can work with faculty members on projects in various fields.
- Affordable tuition: Compared to many other universities in the United States, MU has relatively affordable tuition rates. Additionally, the university offers scholarships and financial aid to help students cover tuition costs.
- Vibrant campus life: MU has a lively campus community, with more than 600 student organizations and clubs. There are also many events and activities happening on campus throughout the year, such as concerts, speakers, and sporting events.
- Location: Columbia, Missouri, where MU is located, is a vibrant college town with a rich cultural scene. The city has a low cost of living and is conveniently located in the centre of the state. This makes it easy to travel to other parts of Missouri and the Midwest region.
Ultimately, the decision of where to study depends on your individual needs, interests, and goals. It is imperative to do your own research and consider factors such as academic programs, campus life, location, and cost. This is when choosing a university.
University of Missouri identity
- Name of the university: University of Missouri
- Acronyms: MU
- Year of creation: 1839
- Motto Salus populi suprema lex esto, Let the Welfare of the People be the Supreme Law
- Colours: Black and gold
University of Missouri campus location
Address105 Jesse Hall
United StatesTel+1 (573) 882 2121Fax+1 (573) 882 7887
University of Missouri Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
University of Missouri tuition details
Level of StudyDomestic StudentsInternational StudentsUndergraduate7,500-10,000 US dollars (5,500-7,400 euros)over 20,000 US dollars (14,700 euros)Postgraduate10,000-12,500 US dollars (7,400-9,200 euros)over 20,000 US dollars (14,700 euros)
The University of Missouri Admission Information
- Gender: The university is coeducational, welcoming both men and women.
- International Students: The university accepts international applicants for admission.
- Selection Criteria: The university selects students based on their performance in entrance examinations, past academic records, and grades.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have completed a college-preparatory program and possess a secondary school record.
- It is recommended that they have a high academic GPA and rank, and demonstrate formal competencies.
- Admission test scores and a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) are also required. Other tests such as Wonderlic and WISC-III are not necessary.
- Admission Rate: The admission rate is between 70-80%.
- Admission Office: The admission office is located at 230 Jesse Hall, Columbia 65211, and can be reached at (573) 882 7786 or 800 225 6075.
Read More: The University of Calgary Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
University of Missouri Enrollment Profile
UniRank has provided significant indicators regarding the University of Missouri’s size and profile, which are outlined below.
- The University of Missouri has a student enrollment range of 30,000 to 34,999 and employs 3,000 to 3,499 academic staff.
- It is a public state university and operates as a non-profit entity, with a semester-based academic calendar.
- The university is located in an urban campus setting and is a land-grant institution.
- Additionally, it is not affiliated with religious organizations.
The University of Missouri Carnegie Classification
- The official Carnegie classification of the University of Missouri as provided by UniRank is that it belongs to the category of Doctoral Universities with Very High Research Activity.
- In the 2000 Carnegie Classification, the University was categorized as a Doctoral/Research University with extensive research activities.
- The University is a four-year, large institution catering to non-residential students. It has a high undergraduate enrollment profile with a preference for full-time, four-year students and lower transfer-in rates.
- The University’s undergraduate instructional program offers a combination of professions, arts, and sciences, with high coexistence with graduate programs.
- The graduate instructional program has a balanced mix of arts, sciences, and professions, with a significant emphasis on graduate-level education.
Missouri Facilities and Services
The University of Missouri offers various facilities and services, which are summarized below by UniRank.
- Library: Missouri-Columbia has a library with a collection of both physical and digital/ computer-based items. As of 2018, the library reported 2,050,854 physical volumes, 433,139 physical media, 58,149 digital/electronic mediums, and access to 60 licensed digital/electronic databases. The library has 8 branches.
- Housing: Missouri provides on-campus housing for students. The total dormitory capacity, both on and off-campus, was approximately 5,644 students during the 2018 academic year.
- Sports Facilities: Missouri offers various sports facilities for students.
- Financial Aid: Financial aid is available to eligible students.
- Study Abroad: Missouri provides study abroad programs for students who wish to expand their academic experience beyond campus.
- Distance Learning: The University offers distance learning programs for students who cannot attend classes on campus.
- Academic Counseling: The University offers academic counselling services to students who need guidance and support in their academic pursuits.
- Career Services: The University of Missouri provides career services to students to help with job searching and career development.
- Institutional Hospital: The University of Missouri has an institutional hospital for students needing medical attention.
University of Missouri accreditation details
The University of Missouri has obtained legal recognition or accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission. In addition, the university has received specialized or programmatic accreditations from several organizations, including the;
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
- American Association for Leisure and Recreation (AALR) Council on Accreditation.
The University of Missouri’s academic structure
- College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
- College of Arts and Science
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Human and Environmental Sciences
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- Graduate School
- School of Health Profess
- School of Journalism
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- Sinclair School of Nursing
- Trulaske College of Business
The University of Missouri Affiliate and Membership Details
The following is a list of noteworthy memberships and affiliations of the University of Missouri, as reported by UniRank. It is worth noting that this list may not be exhaustive or current. It is recommended to consult the University of Missouri’s official website for a complete roster.
- University of Missouri System
- Association of American Universities (AAU).
- Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU).
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU)
- National Athletic Association (NAA).
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Also, Apply for: The Universität Wien (University of Vienna) Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
University of Missouri Social Media Platform
UniRank offers concise evaluations, rankings, and measures for selected social media platforms associated with the University of Missouri. These evaluations can be useful for prospective applicants to make comparisons and make informed decisions.
The assessed social media platforms include the University of Missouri’s official Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube pages. In addition, they have a verified Instagram profile and a primary LinkedIn account. However, there is currently no review available for the university’s TikTok presence
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the University of Missouri admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities:
The University of California, Santa Cruz Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
The University of Birmingham Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
The University of Delaware Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session