Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year are currently accepted at the University of Oregon. Our institution is committed to offering innovative and outstanding educational opportunities that can help you realize your academic and professional goals.
We warmly invite you to embark on this thrilling journey with us.
For your benefit, we suggest examining our admission criteria. Moreover, we urge you to explore our diverse array of programs, which cater to a wide range of interests. As a prospective student, we have curated a personalized blog specifically for you, replete with valuable insights to help you make an informed decision.
About the University of Oregon
The University of Oregon is a public state higher-education institution founded in 1876, situated in Eugene, Oregon, with a branch campus in Portland. Accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, the university is a large coeducational institution with an enrollment range of 25,000-29,999 students.
UO offers a variety of undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs across multiple fields of study. Admission is selective and based on academic records, grades, and entrance examinations, with an admission rate range of 80-90%. The university welcomes international applicants.
UO provides a range of academic and non-academic resources such as a library, student housing, sports facilities, financial aid and scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services. With a history of 147 years, UO continues to strive for excellence in education and research.
Why should I consider the University of Oregon?
There are many reasons why you should consider studying at the University of Oregon, including:
- Strong academic programs: The University of Oregon offers a wide range of academic programs across various fields, including business, law, education, journalism, arts, and sciences. The university has a strong reputation for academic excellence and is ranked highly by various national and international ranking organizations.
- Research opportunities: The University of Oregon is a research-intensive institution, providing ample opportunities for students to engage in research projects with faculty members. The university is home to numerous research centres and institutes, and students can collaborate with faculty on research projects with real-world implications.
- Beautiful campus: The University of Oregon is located in Eugene, Oregon, a picturesque college town surrounded by natural beauty. The campus is known for its stunning architecture and lush green spaces, providing students with an ideal environment for learning and socializing.
- Strong student community: The University of Oregon has a strong and diverse student community, with over 20,000 undergraduate and graduate students from all over the world. The university has numerous student organizations and clubs, providing students with ample opportunities to get involved and make friends.
- Career services: The University of Oregon offers comprehensive career services to students, including career counselling, job search assistance, and networking events. The university has a strong alumni network, providing students with opportunities to connect with successful professionals in their fields of interest.
Overall, the University of Oregon is an excellent choice for students looking for a top-tier education in a beautiful and welcoming environment.
University of Oregon identity
- Name of the university: University of Oregon
- Acronym: UO
- Year of creation: 1876
University of Oregon Campus Location
Address: 1585 East 13th Avenue
United StatesTel+1 (541) 346 1000Fax+1 (541) 346 5815Other locationsPortland
University of Oregon Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
The University of Oregon Tuition Details
LevelLocal StudentsInternational StudentsUndergraduate10,000-12,500 US dollars over 20,000 US dollars (14,700 Euro)Postgraduate15,000-17,500 US dollars over 20,000 US dollars (14,700 Euro)
Note: Euro values are included for reference only and may fluctuate over time.
The University of Oregon Admission Information
- The university welcomes applications from both men and women (CoEd) including international students. The selection process is based on entrance examinations and applicants’ past academic records and grades.
- To be considered for admission, applicants must have a secondary school GPA and record and have completed a college-preparatory program. Recommendations are considered but not mandatory, and no formal competencies demonstration is required or recommended.
- Applicants must also provide admission test scores, and a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for non-native English speakers. Other tests such as Wonderlic or WISC-III are neither required nor recommended.
- The university admission rate is high, ranging between 80-90%. For further information, applicants may contact the admission office at 1217 University of Oregon, Eugene 97403-1217, or call (541) 346 3201 or 800 232 3825.
University of Oregon enrollment profile
The University of Oregon’s size and profile can be characterized by several major indicators, as reported by UniRank. These include:
- Student Enrollment: The university has a student population of between 25,000 and 29,999 individuals.
- Academic Staff: The institution employs between 2,000 and 2,499 academic professionals.
- A public state university, the University of Oregon is a public state university.
- Entity Type: The institution is a non-profit organization.
- Academic Calendar: The university operates on a quarter-based academic calendar.
- Campus Setting: Located in an urban area, the university’s campus is situated in an urban setting.
- Religious Affiliation: The University of Oregon has no religious affiliations.
The University of Oregon’s Carnegie classification
The Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education categorizes colleges and universities in the United States. It is based on criteria such as degree offerings, research activity, and enrollment size. Created by the Carnegie Foundation for Teaching Advancement in 1970,
the classification has been periodically updated Institutions are grouped into categories, ranging from “doctoral universities” with extensive research activity to “special focus institutions” that focus on a particular field. This classification system allows easy comparison between institutions and provides a common language for describing them.
The UO for example, falls under the “Doctoral Universities: Very High Research Activity” category in the latest classification. It is a large, primarily residential four-year institution with a highly selective undergraduate program and a mix of arts & sciences and professional programs, with a high proportion of graduate students.
UO Facilities and Services
UO offers a range of facilities and services to its students, as outlined by UniRank. These include:
- Library: UO library has both physical and digital collections, with over 1.7 million physical volumes, 92,847 physical media, 109,755 digital/electronic items, and access to 514 licensed digital/electronic databases. The library system has 7 branches.
- Housing: On-campus housing is available for UO students, with a total capacity of approximately 4,958 students in both on- and off-campus dormitories during the 2018 academic year.
- Sports Facilities: The university provides various sports facilities for students to exercise.
- Financial Aid: The University of Oregon offers financial aid to eligible students to assist with tuition, fees, and other educational expenses.
- Study Abroad: Opportunities for study abroad programs are available to the University of Oregon students, allowing them to gain a global perspective and enhance their education.
- Distance Learning: The university offers distance learning programs for students who cannot attend classes on campus.
- Academic Counseling: Counseling services are available to assist students with academic matters and provide guidance on educational goals and aspirations.
- Career Services: The University of Oregon provides career services to students to help them prepare for the job market and find employment after graduation.
- Institutional Hospital: There is no information available about an institutional hospital associated with the University of Oregon.
Also, Apply for The University of Melbourne Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
University of Oregon accreditation details
The University of Oregon has received institutional recognition and accreditation from the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. This accreditation was awarded in 1918.
In addition to its institutional accreditation, the University of Oregon has also earned programmatic accreditations from several specialized accrediting bodies. These include the
- Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications
- American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- American Psychological Association (APA).
University of Oregon Affiliations and Membership Details
UniRank has released a list of significant affiliations and memberships of the University of Oregon, including the
- National Athletic Association (NAA)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). It should be noted that this list may not be comprehensive or current. For more information, it is recommended to refer to the University of Oregon’s website.
University of Oregon Social Media Platform
- Review of the University of Oregon’s Facebook page
- Twitter: Review of the University of Oregon’s Twitter page
- YouTube: Review of the University of Oregon’s YouTube channel
- Instagram: The University of Oregon’s official Instagram page
- LinkedIn: The University of Oregon’s main LinkedIn profile
- TikTok: Not applicable (n.a.).
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the University of Oregon admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities:
The University of Notre Dame Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
Universidade de São Paulo Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
Florida State University Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session