Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year are currently accepted by the University of Queensland. This is a prestigious institution dedicated to empowering students to realize their academic and career aspirations through transformative education.
We warmly invite you to embark on this exciting journey with us.
To enhance your chances of admission, we recommend reviewing our admission requirements and guidelines. Moreover, we encourage you to explore our wide range of programs catering to diverse interests. As a prospective student, we have curated a specialized blog to provide you with valuable insights that can help you make informed decisions.
About the University of Queensland
The University of Queensland, established in 1909, is a public non-profit higher education institution located in St Lucia, Queensland, with additional branch campuses in Herston and Gatton. As a coeducational Australian institution of a very large size, with an enrollment range of over 45,000 students, it is officially recognized by the Department of Education and Training of Australia.
The university offers a variety of courses and degree programs in various fields of study. Admission is based on a selective policy that considers past academic records and grades. The university also welcomes international students and provides them with academic and non-academic facilities and services, such as a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid, scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services.
Why should I consider the University of Queensland?
There are several reasons why studying at The University of Queensland (UQ) is an excellent choice:
- High-Quality Education: UQ consistently ranks as one of Australia’s top universities and is well-regarded globally. UQ offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across various fields, including Business, Science, Engineering, Medicine, Law, and the Humanities.
- Research Excellence: UQ is one of the leading research universities in Australia, with many faculties and research centres recognized internationally. UQ researchers work on some of the world’s most pressing issues, including climate change, health, and sustainability.
- Student Experience: UQ has a vibrant and diverse student community, with students from all over the world. The university has a strong focus on student support and provides many services to help students succeed. These services include academic support, counselling, and career services.
- Campus Life: UQ has a beautiful and spacious campus, located in Brisbane. The campus has state-of-the-art facilities, including libraries, labs, sports centres, and student centres. The university also offers many extracurricular activities and clubs, allowing students to make the most of their university experience.
- Career Opportunities: UQ has strong industry connections and partnerships, providing students with access to a vast network of employers and job opportunities. The university also offers many internship and work placement programs, enabling students to gain valuable work experience while studying.
Overall, UQ provides a world-class education and an exceptional student experience, making it an excellent choice for students seeking to further their education and career prospects.
The University of Queensland’s identity
- Name of the university: University of Queensland
- Acronym: UQ
- Year of creation: 1909
- Motto Scientia ac Labore, Through knowledge and hard work
- Colours: Purple
The University of Queensland campus location
Address: Chancellor’s Place
AustraliaTel+61 (0)7 3365 1111Fax+61 (0)7 3365 11100Other locationsHerston and Gatton
The University of Queensland Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
The University of Queensland tuition details
For both undergraduate and postgraduate programs, local and international students must pay tuition fees of over 20,000 US dollars (14,700 Euros).
The University of Queensland Admission Information
- The university welcomes applications from both male and female students.
- International applicants are also encouraged to apply.
- Selection for admission is based on the student’s academic records and grades.
- The admission rate was not disclosed.
- For further inquiries, the admission office is located in the JD Story Building at The University of Queensland, Brisbane 4072. Contact details include (0)3 8676 7004 and 1800 671 980.
The University of Queensland’s Enrollment Profile
- UniRank has released key size and profile metrics for the University of Queensland.
- These metrics include a student enrollment of over 45,000 and an academic faculty of 2,500 to 2,999.
- The University operates on a semester-based academic calendar and is a public institution with non-profit status.
- It is a campus located in an urban setting and has no religious affiliations.
The University of Queensland Facilities and Services
UniRank presents an outline of The University of Queensland’s facilities and services offerings.
- Library: Available. Access The University of Queensland’s Library.
- Housing: Available.
- Sports Facilities: Available.
- Financial Aid: Available.
- Study Abroad: Available.
- Distance Learning: Available.
- Academic Counseling: Not specified.
- Career Services: Not specified.
- Institutional hospital: Not specified.
The University of Queensland accreditation details
The Department of Education and Training of Australia has granted legal recognition or accreditation to the University of Queensland.
- Additionally, the University has obtained specialized or programmatic accreditations from various organizations such as the; Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- CPA Australia
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA)
- Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI)
- Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Engineers Australia.
The University of Queensland’s academic structure
- Faculty of Business, Economics and Law
- Faculty of Engineering, Architecture and Information Technology
- Faculty of Health and Behavioural Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Science
The University of Queensland Affiliate and Membership Details
UniRank has listed some of the key memberships and affiliations of The University of Queensland, including the,
- Group of Eight (Go8)
- Universities Australia
- Universitas 21 (U21), edX, and the Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL). It is imperative to note that this list may not be exhaustive or current. For a complete and up-to-date list, refer to The University of Queensland’s website or contact them directly.
The University of Queensland’s Social Media Platform
With UniRank, the University of Queensland provides concise evaluations, rankings, and metrics for selected social media platforms. These serve as a reference for comparison and a resource for prospective applicants. The evaluated channels include the official Facebook page, Twitter page, and YouTube channel. In addition, they include the university’s Instagram page and primary LinkedIn profile. However, no review of the university’s TikTok account is available.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the University of Queensland’s admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: