Good news! The University of South Carolina is delighted to announce that applications are now open for the upcoming academic session of 2023-2024.
To get more updates visit godcentvc.com. You can also click here for similar information. Our main goal is to empower students and provide them with the necessary support to achieve their academic and professional dreams. We accomplish this through an innovative and transformative educational journey. We warmly invite you to join this exceptional experience.
To enhance your chances of admission, we highly recommend familiarizing yourself with our comprehensive admission guidelines and requirements.
Furthermore, we wholeheartedly encourage you to explore our wide range of programs, carefully crafted to cater to various interests. To help you make well-informed decisions, we have created a dedicated blog that offers invaluable insights for prospective students like you.
About the University of South Carolina
The University of South Carolina, founded in 1801, is a public non-profit institution of higher education situated in the urban environment of Columbia, a small city in South Carolina with a population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants. Additionally, the university has branch campuses in Aiken, Allendale, Beaufort, Columbia, Lancaster, Sumter, Spartanburg, and Union.
Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, the University of South Carolina (USC) is a coeducational higher education institution of significant size (enrollment range: 35,000-39,999 students). It offers a wide array of courses and programs leading to officially recognized degrees,
including pre-bachelor’s degrees, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctorate degrees across various fields of study. Detailed information regarding degree levels and areas of study can be found in the uniRank table below. With a history spanning over 222 years,
USC employs a selective admission policy that takes into account entrance examinations, as well as students’ academic records and grades. The institution maintains a moderately selective acceptance rate range of 60-69%, welcoming applications from international students.
USC provides a host of academic and non-academic resources and services to its students, encompassing a library, on-campus housing, sports facilities, financial aid and scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, as well as administrative support.
Why study at the University of South Carolina?
There are several reasons why studying at the University of South Carolina (USC) can be a great choice. Here are some key points to consider:
- Strong academic programs: USC offers a wide range of academic programs across various disciplines. Whether you’re interested in business, engineering, arts and sciences, health sciences, or other fields, USC provides a diverse range of high-quality programs taught by experienced faculty members.
- Research opportunities: The university emphasizes research and offers numerous opportunities for students to engage in cutting-edge research projects. This can be particularly advantageous if you’re interested in gaining hands-on experience, working with faculty mentors, and contributing to advancements in your field of study.
- Prestigious faculty: USC boasts a distinguished faculty known for their expertise and contributions to their respective fields. Many professors are renowned scholars, researchers, and industry professionals who bring valuable insights and experiences to the classroom.
- Campus and facilities: The USC campus provides a vibrant and engaging environment for students. It features modern facilities, state-of-the-art laboratories, libraries, and recreational centres. Additionally, the campus is situated in a beautiful location with a pleasant climate, offering a conducive atmosphere for learning and personal growth.
- Student support services: USC is committed to supporting student success and well-being. The university offers a range of support services, including academic advising, tutoring, career counselling, health services, and extracurricular activities. These resources can help enhance your academic journey and provide a holistic educational experience.
- Networking and career opportunities: USC has a strong alumni network and connections with various industries, providing excellent networking opportunities for students. The university’s career services centre assists students in finding internships, cooperative education placements, and full-time employment. These connections can greatly enhance your career prospects upon graduation.
- Campus life and cultural experiences: USC offers a vibrant campus life with numerous clubs, organizations, and events catering to diverse interests. Whether you’re interested in sports, music, arts, or community service, there are ample opportunities to get involved and make lifelong connections with fellow students.
- Scholarships and financial aid: USC provides various scholarships, grants, and financial aid options to support students with their educational expenses. Exploring these opportunities can help make your education more affordable and accessible.
Ultimately, the decision to study at USC depends on your individual academic and personal goals. It’s important to thoroughly research and consider the specific programs, resources, and campus environment that align with your interests and aspirations. Visiting the campus, talking to current students and faculty, and exploring the university’s website can provide valuable insights to help you make an informed decision.
University of South Carolina identity
- Name of the university: University of South Carolina
- Acronym: USC
- Year of creation: 1801
- Motto: Emollit mores nec sinit esse feros, Learning humanizes character and does not permit it to be cruel
- Colours: Garnet and black
University of South Carolina Campus Location
Address 902 Sumter Street Access / Lieber College
29208 South Carolina
United StatesTel+1 (803) 777 7000Fax+1 (803) 641 3362Other locations Aiken, Allendale, Beaufort, Columbia, Lancaster, Sumter, Spartanburg and Union
University of South Carolina Study Areas and Levels
UniRank Study Areas and Degree Levels Matrix™
- Arts & Humanities
- Language & Cultural Studies
- Business & Social Sciences
- Medicine & Health
- Science & Technology
- Arts & Humanities
- Language & Cultural Studies
- Business & Social Sciences
- Medicine & Health
- Science & Technology
University of South Carolina tuition details
uniRank Tuition Range Matrix™
Program Level Local Students International Students
Undergraduate 12,500-14,999 US$ (11,390-13,670 Euro) 30,000-34,999 US$ (27,340-31,890 Euro)
Postgraduate 12,500-14,999 US$ (11,390-13,670 Euro) 30,000-34,999 US$ (27,340-31,890 Euro)
The University of South Carolina Admission Information
Admission Policy and Statistics Overview
- Admission Gender:
USC admits both men and women, making it a coeducational institution.
- Admission Selection:
USC follows a selective admission policy. Admission decisions are based on a combination of factors, including entrance examinations, students’ past academic records, and grades.
- Acceptance Rate:
The acceptance rate at USC ranges from 60% to 69%. This indicates that the institution is moderately selective in its admissions process.
To be considered for admission, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- A secondary school GPA is required.
- Secondary school rank is recommended.
- A secondary school record is required.
- Completion of a college-preparatory program is required.
- Recommendations are neither required nor recommended.
- Formal demonstration of competencies is neither required nor recommended.
- Admission test scores are required.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is considered but not required.
- Other tests (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.) are neither required nor recommended.
- Source: IPDES
USC welcomes applications from international students seeking admission.
For more information and assistance regarding admissions, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at the following address and phone numbers:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Phone: (803) 777 7700
Toll-Free: 800 868 5872
University of South Carolina Enrollment Profile
Below are some major size and profile indicators for USC, as published by uniRank:
- Student Enrollment: USC is a very large-sized institution, with a student enrollment range of 35,000-39,999.
- Academic Staff: The institution has a range of 2,000-2,499 academic employees (faculty).
- Control Type: USC is a public higher education institution.
- Entity Type: USC is a non-profit higher education institution.
- Academic Calendar: The institution follows a semester type of academic calendar.
- Campus Setting: The main campus of USC is located in an urban setting.
- Religious Affiliation: USC does not have any religious affiliation.
The University of South Carolina Carnegie Classification
According to uniRank, the official Carnegie classification of the University of South Carolina is as follows:
- Basic Classification: Doctoral Universities with Very High Research Activity
- Size & Setting: A four-year, large institution primarily known for its residential campus
- Enrollment Profile: Predominantly high undergraduate population
- Undergraduate Profile: A four-year, full-time institution with a higher selectivity and a significant number of transfer-in students
- Undergraduate Instructional Program: Offers a wide range of professional programs, along with arts and sciences, with a notable presence of graduate programs
- Graduate Instructional Program: Offers comprehensive research doctoral programs, including a medical and veterinary school
USC Facilities and Services
Facilities and Services at the University of South Carolina:
USC has a comprehensive library system consisting of six branches. The library houses a vast collection of physical resources such as books, media, and digital/electronic materials. As of 2021, the library reported an impressive collection, including 1,756,797 physical volumes, 375,349 physical media items, 35,730 digital/electronic media items, and access to 486 licensed digital/electronic databases. The library is efficiently managed by a dedicated team of 197 full-time employees, including 70 librarians. Moreover, the library’s annual expenditure exceeds $100,000. Source: IPDES.
USC offers a variety of housing options for its students. On-campus residences and dormitories are available, ensuring convenient and comfortable living arrangements. Additionally, off-campus accommodation options are also provided to meet the diverse needs of the student population. In the 2021 academic year, the university accommodated approximately 9,377 students in total dormitory capacity, both on and off campus. Source: IPDES.
- Sports Facilities:
USC is equipped with excellent sporting facilities, fostering an active and healthy student community. These facilities enable students to engage in various sports activities and pursue their athletic interests.
- Financial Aid:
The university offers multiple types of financial aid to eligible students. Scholarships, grants, loans, tuition waivers, emergency financial aid, and other forms of financial assistance are available to support students in their educational endeavours.
- Study Abroad:
USC provides valuable opportunities for students to participate in study abroad and exchange programs. These programs allow students to gain international exposure, broaden their perspectives, and enrich their academic experiences.
- Distance Learning:
The university recognizes the importance of flexible learning options and offers distance learning programs and courses. At both the undergraduate and graduate levels, select programs are offered entirely through distance education, catering to the needs of students who prefer remote learning. Source: IPDES.
- Academic Counseling:
Students at the University of South Carolina receive dedicated guidance and support through academic counselling services. These services assist students in navigating their academic pursuits, offering valuable advice and resources to help them succeed.
- Career Services:
The university’s career services provide comprehensive support to students as they transition from academic life to professional careers. Career counselling, career assessments, job and internship postings, career events, alumni networking opportunities, and other career-related services are offered to help students achieve successful career outcomes.
University of South Carolina accreditation details
USC holds legal recognition and accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Year of Initial Accreditation:
Accreditation was first granted in 1917.
Specialized or Programmatic Accreditations:
The University of South Carolina has received specialized accreditations in various fields:
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
- Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (AANA)
University of South Carolina’s academic structure
- Arnold School of Public
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Education
- College of Engineering and Computing
- College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
- College of Nursing
- College of Mass Communications and Information Studies
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Social Work
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- School of the Environment
- Graduate School
- Moore School of Business
- South Carolina Honor College
- School of Music
University of South Carolina Affiliation and Membership Lists
The following is a list of notable memberships and affiliations associated with USC, as published by uniRank. However, please note that the list may not be exhaustive or current. For a comprehensive and up-to-date list, kindly refer to the official website of the University of South Carolina.
- University of South Carolina System
- Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU)
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU)
- National Athletic Association (NAA)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
University of South Carolina Social Media Platforms
uniRank provides concise evaluations, rankings, and metrics for various social media platforms affiliated with the University of South Carolina. These assessments serve as a useful starting point for comparisons and aid in the selection process for prospective applicants.
- Facebook: Review of the University of South Carolina’s Facebook page – the official Facebook page of the University of South Carolina.
Review of the University of South Carolina’s Twitter page – the official Twitter page of the University of South Carolina.
- YouTube: Review of the University of South Carolina’s YouTube channel – the official YouTube channel of the University of South Carolina.
- Instagram: The official Instagram page of the University of South Carolina.
- LinkedIn: The primary LinkedIn profile of the University of South Carolina.
- TikTok:Not applicable.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the University of South Carolina’s admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: