The University of South Florida is currently accepting applications for 2023-2024. As a prestigious educational institution, our focus is on providing engaging and innovative learning experiences.
We invite you to join us on a rewarding journey towards academic and career aspirations.
We urge you to explore our admission procedures and discover the benefits of studying with us. To gain a comprehensive understanding of our admission policies and programs, we suggest you explore our exceptional blog, specially designed for prospective students. This invaluable resource will equip you with all the necessary information.
About the University of South Florida
The University of South Florida, established in 1956, is a non-profit public state higher-education institution located in Tampa, Florida. It is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. It is one of the largest coeducational US higher education institutions, with over 45,000 students enrolled.
USF offers a range of courses and programs, including pre- bachelor’s degrees, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctorate degrees, in various areas of study. Admission is selective and based on entrance examinations, past academic records, and grades, with an average admission rate of 40-50%.
International students are also welcome to apply for enrollment. In addition to academic programs, USF provides various facilities and services, such as a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid and scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services. The university also has branch campuses in St. Petersburg, Sarasota, and Lakeland.
Why should I consider the University of South Florida?
The University of South Florida (USF) boasts an esteemed faculty, exceptional academic programs, state-of-the-art interdisciplinary research, a diverse student population, top-tier college sports, and a consistently warm and sunny climate year-round.
Spread across three campus locations – Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Sarasota-Manatee – the main campus is situated in Tampa, a stunning city along Florida’s west coast that offers 35 miles of breathtaking beaches and a wealth of opportunities for the arts, entertainment, sports, and outdoor recreation.
USF’s 11 colleges provide students with a choice of over 300 undergraduate and graduate degrees. These degrees include nationally recognized and highly ranked programs in fields such as psychology, education, computer science, engineering, library and information science, public health, and entrepreneurship.
At USF, students are motivated to engage in meaningful research that strives to bring positive change to people’s lives. They collaborate across diverse fields of study and connect with local and global communities through volunteerism, activism, and service learning.
University of South Florida identity
- Name of the university: University of South Florida
- Acronym: USF
- Year of creation: 1956
- Motto: Truth and Wisdom
- Colours: Green and gold
University of South Florida Campus Location
Address4202 East Fowler Avenue
United StatesTel+1 (813) 974 2011Fax+1 (813) 974 9689Other locationsSt. Petersburg, Sarasota and Lakeland
University of South Florida Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
University of South Florida tuition details
Academic LevelDomestic Students (US$)Domestic Students (Euro)International Students (US$)International Students (Euro)Undergraduate5,000-7,5003,700-5,50015,000-17,50011,000-12,900Postgraduate10,000-12,5007,400-9,200over 20,00014,700
The University of South Florida Admission Information
University Admissions Information:
- The university welcomes applications from both men and women. International students are also encouraged to apply for admission.
- The selection process is based on a combination of entrance examinations and applicants’ past academic records and grades.
- To be considered for admission, applicants must have a secondary school GPA and completion of a college-preparatory program. Applicants should also submit their secondary school rank and record.
- While recommendations and formal demonstrations of competencies are not required or recommended, admission test scores and a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score are required.
- Other tests such as Wonderlic or WISC-III are neither required nor recommended.
- Admission rates range from 40-50%.
- For more information, applicants can contact the admission office located at 4202 East Fowler Avenue, SVC 1036, Tampa 33620-9951, or call (813) 974 3350 or 877 873 2855.
University of South Florida Enrollment Profile
UniRank has provided the following key size and profile metrics for the USF:
- Student Enrollment: The university has over 45,000 students.
- Academic Staff: There are between 2,500 and 2,999 academic staff employed at the university.
- This institution is a public state institution. USF is a public state institution.
- Entity Type: The university is a non-profit organization.
- Academic Calendar: The academic calendar follows a semester system.
- Campus Setting: The university is situated in an urban setting.
- Religious Affiliation: USFis not affiliated with any religious organizations.
The University of South Florida’s Carnegie Classification
- UniRank has listed the USF official Carnegie classification as a Doctoral University with Very High Research Activity.
- In the 2000 classification, it was categorized as a Doctoral/Research University with extensive research activities. The institution is a four-year, large nonresidential university with a high undergraduate enrollment profile.
- It is a selective institution that accepts a higher number of transfer students and offers a balanced program in arts and sciences as well as professions,
USF Facilities and Services
The University of South Florida offers a range of facilities and services, as summarized by uniRank.
These include a library with both physical and digital collections, boasting over 1 million physical volumes and nearly 1,000 licensed digital databases. On-campus housing is also provided, with a total capacity of approximately 6,329 students. Sports facilities are available, as well as financial aid, study abroad opportunities, and distance learning options.
USF accreditation details
USF has obtained institutional recognition and accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This accreditation was awarded in 1965.
In addition, the university has received specialized or programmatic accreditations from several reputable organizations. The
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- Applied and Natural Science Accreditation Commission (ANSAC) of ABET
- The Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
- The Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET has accredited various programs offered by the University of South Florida.
USF academic structure
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Marine Science
- College of Medicine
- College of Nursing
- College of Public Health
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Honors College
- School of Accountancy
- School of Architecture and Community Design
- School of Art and Art History
- School of Library and Information Science
- School of Musc
- School of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Sciences
- School of Theatre and Dance Arts
University of South Florida Affiliations and Membership Details
The University of South Florida is a member of the State University System of Florida (SUSF) and also holds memberships with the American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU), the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU), and the Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU). Additionally, the university is affiliated with the National Athletic Association (NAA) and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
University of South Florida Social Media Platform
- Visit the official Facebook page of the University of South Florida.
- Visit the official Twitter page of the University of South Florida.
- Visit the official YouTube channel of the University of South Florida.
- University of South Florida’s official Instagram page.
- University of South Florida’s main LinkedIn profile
- TikTok: The University of South Florida does not have an official TikTok account.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the University of South Florida admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: