Great opportunity! The University of Tennessee is thrilled to announce that we are now accepting applications for the upcoming academic session of 2023-2024.
To get more updates visit godcentvc.com. You can also click here to get similar updates. Our primary goal is to empower students and help them achieve their academic and professional aspirations through an innovative and transformative educational experience. We warmly invite you to join us on this exceptional journey.
To increase your chances of admission, we highly recommend familiarizing yourself with our comprehensive admission guidelines and requirements.
Additionally, we strongly encourage you to explore our diverse range of programs, carefully designed to cater to a wide variety of interests. To ensure you make well-informed decisions, we have created a dedicated blog that offers invaluable insights for prospective students like you.
About the University of Tennessee
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, established in 1794, is a non-profit public institution of higher education situated in Knoxville, Tennessee, an urban setting within a small city (population range: 50,000-249,999). It operates branch campuses in Chattanooga, Memphis, Martin, and Tullahoma.
Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, the University of Tennessee, Knoxville (UTK) is a coeducational university with a large student population (uniRank enrollment range: 30,000-34,999).
UTK offers a wide range of courses and programs leading to recognized degrees, including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees, across various fields of study. Detailed information can be found in the UniRank degree levels and areas of study table below.
With a 228-year history, UTK follows a selective admission policy that considers entrance examinations, academic records, and grades. The institution has a moderate acceptance rate, ranging from 70% to 79%, making it a moderately selective higher education organization in the United States.
International students are encouraged to enrol. UTK provides numerous academic and non-academic amenities and services to its students, including library facilities, housing options, sports facilities, financial assistance and scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative support.
Why should I study at the University of Tennessee?
There are several reasons why studying at the University of Tennessee (UT) is an excellent choice:
- Academic Excellence: UT is known for its academic excellence and offers a wide range of programs across various fields of study. The university is home to many distinguished faculty members who are experts in their respective fields, providing students with a high-quality education.
- Strong reputation: The University of Tennessee has a strong reputation, both nationally and internationally. It is consistently recognized as one of the top public universities in the United States, and its programs are highly regarded. A degree from UT can be a valuable asset in the job market and open doors to various career opportunities.
- Research Opportunities: UT is a research-intensive institution, providing numerous opportunities for students to engage in groundbreaking research across different disciplines. Whether you are interested in scientific research, the social sciences, or the humanities, UT offers state-of-the-art facilities and resources to support your research endeavours.
- Campus Life and Spirit: UT boasts a vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community. There are numerous student organizations, clubs, and activities catering to various interests and passions. The university also has a rich sports culture, with the Tennessee Volunteers competing in the NCAA Division I Southeastern Conference (SEC). The spirit and enthusiasm surrounding athletic events contribute to an exciting and memorable college experience.
- Location: The University of Tennessee is located in Knoxville, a thriving city nestled in East Tennessee. The region offers a diverse range of outdoor recreational activities, including hiking, biking, and water sports. This is thanks to its proximity to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and the Tennessee River. Knoxville also has a vibrant arts and music scene, along with cultural events and festivals.
- Networking and Career Development: UT has a strong network of alumni who excel in various fields. This network can provide valuable connections and opportunities for internships, job placements, and mentorship. The university also offers comprehensive career services to support students in career exploration, resume building, and job search.
Ultimately, the decision to study at the University of Tennessee should be based on your personal interests, academic goals, and career aspirations. It is imperative to research and visit campus to get a sense of the university’s culture and environment before making a decision.
The University of Tennessee’s identity
- Name of the university: University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Acronym: UTK
- Year of creation: 1794
- Motto: Veritatem cognoscetis et veritas te liberabit, You will know the truth and the truth shall set you free
- Colours: UT orange
The University of Tennessee Campus Location
Address: 527 Andy Holt Tower
Tel +1 (865) 974 1000
Fax +1 (865) 974 3536
Other locations are Chattanooga, Memphis, Martin and Tullahoma
The University of Tennessee Areas of Study and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and technology
The University of Tennessee tuition details
UniRank Tuition Range Matrix™ Level Undergraduate Postgraduate Local students $12,500-14,999 USD $12,500-14,999 USD (€11,390-13,670 Euro) (€11,390-13,670 Euro) International students $30,000-34,999 USD $30,000-34,999 USD (€27,340-31,890 Euro) (€27,340-31,890 Euro)
The University of Tennessee Admission Information
Below is an overview of the most relevant information regarding admission policies and statistics at The University of Tennessee, Knoxville. This information is published by UniRank.
- Admission by Gender: UTK admits both men and women, making it a coeducational institution.
- Admission Selection: UTK follows a selective admission policy. The selection process considers entrance examinations, past academic records, and grades.
- Acceptance Rate: The acceptance rate at UTK is 70-79%. This indicates that the institution is moderately selective in its admission process.
- Admission Requirements: To be considered for admission, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
- A secondary school GPA is required.
- Secondary school rank is neither required nor recommended.
- Secondary school records are required.
- College-preparatory programs are recommended.
- Recommendations are considered but not required.
- A formal demonstration of competence is considered but not required.
- Admission test scores are required.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is required.
- Other tests such as Wonderlic or WISC-III are neither required nor recommended.
- International Admissions: UTK welcomes international students’ applications.
- Admission Office: Location: 320 Student Services Building, Knoxville 37996 Contact: (865) 974-2184
The University of Tennessee Carnegie Classification
According to toUniRank, UTK falls under the following Carnegie classification:
- Basic Classification: Doctoral Universities with Very High Research Activity
- Size & Setting: A large, primarily residential institution offering four-year programs
- Enrollment Profile: High number of undergraduate students
- Undergraduate Profile: A four-year, full-time institution with a higher selectivity level and a significant number of transfer students.
- Undergraduate Instructional Program: Offers professional programs along with arts and sciences, with a strong presence of graduate programs
- Graduate Instructional Program: Offers comprehensive research doctoral programs, including medical and veterinary schools
The University of Tennessee Enrollment Profile
Size and Profile UniRank provides the following key indicators for The University of Tennessee, Knoxville:
- Student Enrollment: UTK is an established institution with student enrollment ranging from 30,000 to 34,999.
- Academic Staff: The institution employs between 1,500 and 1,999 academic employees (faculty).
- It is a publicly funded higher education institution. UTK is a publicly funded higher education institution.
- Entity Type: UTK is a non-profit educational institution.
- Academic Calendar: The institution follows a semester-based academic calendar.
- Land Grant Institution: UTK is a land-grant university, with a particular emphasis on education and research in fields such as agriculture and engineering. Land-grant universities also prioritize public service and outreach.
- Campus Setting: The main campus of The University of Tennessee, Knoxville is located in an urban setting.
- Religious Affiliation: UTK is not affiliated with religious organizations.
UTK Facilities and Services
Facilities and Services at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Library: The University of Tennessee, Knoxville has a well-equipped library that caters to its students. The library comprises five branches and offers a diverse collection of physical and digital/electronic resources. As of 2021, the library reported an extensive collection, including 1,562,649 physical volumes, 364,745 physical media, 123,435 digital/electronic media, and access to 829 licensed digital/electronic databases. The library is managed by a dedicated team of 213 full-time employees, including 77 librarians. Library resources cost $100,000. Source: IPDES.
- Housing: The University of Tennessee, Knoxville provides convenient housing options for its students. On-campus residences and dormitories are available, as well as off-campus accommodation. In the 2021 academic year, the university had a total dormitory capacity of approximately 8,365 students. Source: IPDES.
- Sports Facilities: The university offers a range of sporting facilities and organizes various sports activities for its students.
- Financial Aid: The University of Tennessee, Knoxville offers various types of financial aid to eligible students. These include scholarships, grants, loans, tuition waivers, and emergency financial aid.
- Study Abroad: The university provides study abroad and exchange program opportunities, allowing students to gain international experience and broaden their horizons.
- Distance Learning: The institution offers distance learning options for select programs or courses. Both undergraduate and graduate-level programs are available through distance education. Source: IPDES.
- Academic Counseling: The university offers academic counselling services to support students in their academic pursuits. Qualified counsellors provide guidance and assistance to help students succeed in their studies.
- Career Services: The University of Tennessee, Knoxville offers comprehensive career services to assist students in their transition from academic life to professional life. These services include career counselling, career assessments, job and internship postings, career events, and alumni networking opportunities.
The University of Tennessee accreditation details
Institutional Recognition or Accreditation: The University of Tennessee, Knoxville holds legal recognition and accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
First accreditation year 2015
Specialized or Programmatic Accreditations The University of Tennessee, Knoxville also holds specialized or programmatic accreditations from the following organizations:
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
- Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET
- American Association for Leisure and Recreation (AALR), Council on Accreditation
The University of Tennessee Affiliate and Membership Details
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville holds various memberships and affiliations, some of which are highlighted below. Please note that this list may not be exhaustive or current. For a comprehensive and up-to-date list, please refer to The University of Tennessee, Knoxville’s website.
- University of Tennessee System (UT System)
- Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU).
- National Athletic Association (NAA).
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
The University of Tennessee Social Media Platform
UniRank provides concise evaluations, rankings, and metrics for various social media platforms associated with The University of Tennessee, Knoxville. These assessments serve as a useful starting point for comparisons and an additional resource to aid prospective applicants.
- Facebook Review of The University of Tennessee, Knoxville’s official Facebook page.
- Twitter Twitter Review of The University of Tennessee, Knoxville’s official Twitter page.
- YouTube Review of The University of Tennessee, Knoxville’s official YouTube channel.
- Instagram Evaluation of The University of Tennessee, Knoxville’s official Instagram page.
- LinkedIn Assessment of The University of Tennessee, Knoxville’s primary LinkedIn profile.
- TikTok Not applicable (n.a.).
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the University of Tennesse admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: