Applications are now being accepted by the University of Tokyo for the 2023-2024 academic year. Our commitment is to offer outstanding educational opportunities that will help you achieve your academic and career goals.
We warmly welcome you to embark on this thrilling journey with us.
In order to guarantee your success, we suggest that you carefully review our admission prerequisites. Moreover, we urge you to investigate our broad range of programs that cater to diverse interests. As a potential student, we have designed a tailored blog packed with valuable insights to help you make an informed choice.
About the University of Tokyo.
The University of Tokyo, established in 1877, is a coeducational Japanese higher-education institution located in Tokyo’s bustling urban setting, with branch campuses in Komaba and Kashiwa. It is a non-profit public institution recognized by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan.
Today offers a wide range of courses and programs leading to officially recognized bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in various fields of study. Admissions are highly competitive and based on entrance examinations, with an admission rate range of 0-10%. International students are also eligible for enrollment.
TODAY provides students with numerous academic and non-academic facilities and services, including a library, sports facilities, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services.
Why should I consider the University of Tokyo?
There are several reasons why studying at the University of Tokyo can be an excellent choice:
- Academic Excellence: The University of Tokyo is one of the top-ranked universities in Asia and consistently ranks among the top-ranked universities in the world. Its academic programs are renowned for excellence in research, teaching, and innovation.
- International reputation: The University of Tokyo is globally recognized for its academic achievements and research contributions, and it has a reputation for attracting top international talent. Studying at this university can be an excellent way to enhance your academic and professional credentials.
- Access to Resources: The University of Tokyo provides students with a wide range of resources, including state-of-the-art research facilities, libraries, and career services. Students also have access to a broad network of alumni who are leaders in their respective fields.
- Diverse Student Body: The University of Tokyo has a diverse student body, including international students from over 100 countries. Studying alongside students from different backgrounds can broaden your perspective and help you develop cross-cultural communication skills.
- Opportunities for Personal Growth: Studying at the University of Tokyo can be an enriching experience that promotes personal growth and development. The university encourages students to engage in extracurricular activities, community service, and research opportunities. These activities can enhance your skills and expand your horizons.
Overall, studying at the University of Tokyo can be an excellent choice for those seeking a challenging and rewarding academic experience in a dynamic and vibrant cultural setting.
The University of Tokyo’s identity
- Name of the university: University of Tokyo
- Acronym: TODAI
- Year of creation: 1877
- Colours: Light blue
The University of Tokyo’s campus location
Address: 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku
JapanTel+81 (3) 3812 2111Fax+81Other locationsKomaba and Kashiwa
The University of Tokyo’sAreas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
The University of Tokyo’s Tuition Details
The tuition fees for local and international students at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels are within the range of 2,500-5,000 US dollars (or 1,800-3,700 Euros).
The University of Tokyo’s Admission Information
University Admissions Information
- The university welcomes both men and women (CoEd) to apply for admission, including international students.
- Admission is based on entrance examinations, and the admission rate ranges from 0-10%.
- For further inquiries, please contact the admission office at 7-3-1, Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8654 or call (3) 5841 1222.
The University of Tokyo’s enrollment profile
UniRank has provided the following significant indicators of size and profile for The University of Tokyo:
- Student enrollment ranges between 25,000 and 29,999.
- The academic staff comprises over 5,000 individuals.
- The university is under the control of the public sector.
- It is classified as a non-profit entity.
- The academic calendar follows a semester system.
- The campus is situated in an urban setting.
- The university has no religious affiliations.
Read More: University of New South Wales Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
The University of Tokyo Facilities and Services
UniRank offers an overview of the University of Tokyo’s services and facilities:
- Library: Available, visit The University of Tokyo’s Library.
- Housing: Not reported.
- Sports facilities: Available.
- Financial aid: Not reported.
- Study abroad programs: Offered.
- Distance learning: Offered.
- Academic counselling: Not reported.
- Career services: Not reported.
- Institutional hospital: Not reported.
The University of Tokyo accreditation details
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan has granted legal recognition or accreditation to the University of Tokyo. The university received its first accreditation in 1952.
In addition, the University of Tokyo has earned specialized or programmatic accreditations from the Japan University
- Accreditation Association (JUAA)
- National Institution for Academic Degrees and University Evaluation (NIAD-UE).
The University of Tokyo Affiliations and Membership Details
UniRank has listed some of the key memberships and affiliations of
- The University of Tokyo, including the Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU)
- International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU)
- Open Education Consortium (OEC). However, this list may not be exhaustive or current. For a complete and updated list, please refer to The University of Tokyo’s official website or contact them directly.
The University of Tokyo Social Media Platform
UniRank offers concise evaluations, rankings, and measurements of several social media platforms utilized by The University of Tokyo. These assessments serve as a reference for comparison and assist prospective candidates in selecting the most appropriate channels.
The University of Tokyo’s official Facebook page is ranked on UniRank, along with its Twitter and YouTube accounts. However, Instagram and TikTok accounts are not currently evaluated. Additionally, the university’s primary LinkedIn profile is also under review.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the University of Tokyo admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities:
University of Illinois at Chicago Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
University of Glasgow Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
The University of Melbourne Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session