The University of Utah is now accepting applications for the 2023-2024 academic year. Join our vibrant and forward-thinking academic community to explore limitless possibilities and reach your fullest potential.
We encourage you to explore our admission process and uncover the numerous benefits of studying at our esteemed institution. Visit our blog to access valuable insights on our admissions policies and the diverse array of advantages of being a part of the University of Utah.
About the University of Utah
The University of Utah, a public state higher-education institution, was established in 1850 in Salt Lake City, Utah, and is a non-profit organization. Accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, The U is a coeducational institution with a large enrollment range of 35,000-39,999 students.
The university offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in various fields of study. Admission to the institution is selective and based on entrance exams, academic records, and grades, with an admission rate range of 60-70%, making it a somewhat selective organization.
The university welcomes international students to apply for enrollment and provides numerous academic and non-academic resources, including a library, housing, sports facilities, scholarships, study abroad and online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services. The University of Utah has been in existence for 173.
Why choose the University of Utah
- Strong academic programs: The University of Utah offers a wide range of high-quality academic programs, including highly ranked programs in areas such as business, engineering, law, and medicine. The university is also home to a number of research centres and institutes, which can provide opportunities for students to get involved in cutting-edge research.
- Location: The University of Utah is located in Salt Lake City, which offers a vibrant and diverse community with a lot to offer in terms of culture, outdoor recreation, and career opportunities. Salt Lake City is also home to a number of other colleges and universities, which can provide additional opportunities for academic and social engagement.
- Affordability: The University of Utah is a public university, which means that tuition and fees tend to be more affordable than those at many private universities. Additionally, the university offers a range of scholarships, grants, and other financial aid options to help make college more accessible to a wider range of students.
- Student support: The University of Utah is committed to providing its students with the support they need to succeed academically, personally, and professionally. This includes a range of resources such as tutoring, counselling, career services, and more.
- Community engagement: The University of Utah is deeply connected to the surrounding community and offers many opportunities for students to get involved in service projects, internships, and other forms of community engagement. This can be a great way to build skills, make connections, and give back to the community.
Ultimately, the decision to choose the University of Utah will depend on your individual needs, goals, and preferences. It can be helpful to visit the campus, talk to current students and faculty, and do your own research to determine whether the University of Utah is the right fit for you
The University of Utah Identity
- Name of the university: The University of Utah
- Acronym: The U
- Year of creation: 1850
- Colours: Crimson and white
The University of Utah’s location
Address201 Presidents Circle
Salt Lake City
United StatesTel+1 (801) 581 7200Fax+1 (801) 585 7864
The University of Utah Areas of Study & Degree Levels
The UniRank Study Areas and Degree Levels Matrix™ categorizes academic fields into six groups, namely Arts and Humanities, Business and Social Sciences, Language and Cultural Studies, Medicine and Health Sciences, Engineering, and Science and Technology. The matrix is further divided into undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
The University of Utah Tuition Range
The UniRank Tuition Range Matrix™ displays the yearly tuition fees for undergraduate and postgraduate programs in two categories: Local students and International students.
- For local students, the yearly tuition fees range from 7,500 to 10,000 US dollars (equivalent to 5,500 to 7,400 euros) for both undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
- On the other hand, international students pay over 20,000 US dollars (equivalent to 14,700 euros) annually for both undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
The University of Utah Academic Information
University Admissions Information:
- The university welcomes applications from both men and women, as it is a coed institution. International students are also encouraged to apply for admission.
- Selection for admission is based on various factors such as entrance examinations, past academic records and grades.
- There are several new admission requirements in place.
- These include the submission of a secondary school GPA, as well as a secondary school record. Completion of a college-preparatory program is considered, but not required.
- Recommendations and formal demonstrations of competencies are also neither required nor recommended. Admission test scores, along with the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), are required for consideration.
- Other tests such as Wonderlic and WISC-III are neither required nor recommended.
- The admission rate at this university ranges between 60-70%. If you have any questions or concerns regarding admissions, the admission office is located at 201 South 1460 East Room 250, Salt Lake City 84112, and can be reached at (801) 581 7281.
The University of Utah Enrollment Profile
- Size and Profile: This institution has a student enrollment of 35,000-39,999 and an academic staff of 3,000-3,499.
- It is a non-profit, public-state university with a semester-based academic calendar.
- The campus is located in an urban setting and is not affiliated with any religious groups.
The University of Utah’s Carnegie Classification
- The Carnegie Classification system has been updated, and the updated classification for this institution is “Doctoral Universities: Very High Research Activity.”
- This is a four-year, large, primarily nonresidential institution with mostly undergraduate students.
- The undergraduate profile is that of a four-year, medium-distance, selective institution with a high transfer-in rate.
- The instructional program is balanced between the arts and sciences and professions, with a high level of graduate coexistence.
- Similarly, the graduate instructional program is also balanced between the arts and sciences and professions, with a high level of graduate coexistence.
Also Apply: Ohio State University Offers Admission to the 2023-2024 Academic Session
Utah Facilities and Services
Facilities and services available at the University of Utah include:
- Library: The University of Utah’s library offers a wide range of physical and digital/electronic items. The collection includes 2,651,473 physical volumes, 291,739 physical media, 234,840 digital/ e-media mediums and 323 licensed digital/electronic databases. The library has 2 branches.
- Housing: The University of Utah provided on-campus housing with a total capacity of 5,682 students in the 2018 academic year.
- Sports Facilities: The University of Utah offers sports facilities for students to engage in various sports and physical activities.
- Financial Aid: Financial aid options are available to students who need assistance with education costs.
- Study Abroad: The University of Utah offers study abroad programs for students who wish to gain international experience and broaden their academic horizons.
- Distance Learning: Distance learning options are available for students who prefer online learning.
- Academic Counseling: Academic counselling services are available to students who need guidance and support in their academic pursuits.
- Career Services: The University of Utah offers career services to help students explore career options and prepare for job searches.
- Institutional Hospital: The University of Utah has an institutional hospital to provide medical care and services to students and staff.
The University of Utah Accreditation Details
The institution has received institutional accreditation from the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities since 1933.
In addition, the institution has obtained specialized or programmatic accreditations from the following organizations:
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
- Applied and Natural Science Accreditation Commission (ANSAC) of ABET
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
- American Association for Leisure and Recreation (AALR), Council on Accreditation
The University of Utah Affiliations and Membership Details
The following are some of the organizations a group or institution is affiliated with or holds membership in:
- Utah System of Higher Education (USHE).
- Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU).
- Open Education Consortium (OEC).
- National Athletic Association (NAA).
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
The University of Utah’s academic structure
- College of Fine Arts
- College of Health
- College of the Humanities
- College of Mines and Earth Sciences
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Social and Behavioural Science
- College of Social Work
- David Eccles School of Business
- S.J. Quinney College of Law
- School of Medicine
- Utah College of Science
The University of Utah Social Media Platform
Facebook: The University of Utah’s Facebook social networking page.
Twitter: The University of Utah’s Twitter page for microblogging and news updates.
LinkedIn: The University of Utah’s LinkedIn profile for business and academic networking.
YouTube: The University of Utah’s YouTube videos channel.
TikTok: Currently not applicable or available for The University of Utah.
Instagram: The University of Utah’s Instagram or Flickr account for photos.
To get more information about admission, Kindly visit the University of Utah’s admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities:
North Carolina State University Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
Boston University Offers Admission to the 2023-2024 Academic Session
McGill University Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session