Exciting opportunity! the University of Victoria is delighted to announce that applications are now open for the upcoming academic session of 2023-2024.
To get more updates, visit godcentvc.com. You may also click here for similar updates. Our main goal is to empower students and help them accomplish their academic and professional goals through an innovative and transformative educational journey. We cordially invite you to join this extraordinary experience.
To enhance your chances of admission, we highly recommend familiarizing yourself with our comprehensive admission guidelines and requirements.
Furthermore, we strongly encourage you to explore our wide range of programs, which are carefully designed to cater to various interests. To help you make well-informed decisions, we have developed a dedicated blog that provides invaluable insights for prospective students like you.
About the University of Victoria
The University of Victoria, established in 1963, is a non-profit public institution of higher education located in Victoria, British Columbia. Situated in a suburban setting, the university serves a small city with a population ranging from 50,000 to 249,999 residents.
Recognized by the Ministry of Post-Secondary Education and Future Skills of British Columbia, the University of Victoria (UVic) is a coeducational Canadian university of significant size, with an enrollment range of 20,000 to 24,999 students.
UVic offers a wide range of courses and programs leading to various officially recognized degrees in higher education. These include pre-bachelor’s degrees (certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation programs), bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctorate degrees across multiple fields of study. For specific information, please refer to the uniRank degree levels and areas of study table below.
With a history spanning over 60 years, this Canadian institution follows a selective admission policy that considers entrance examinations, as well as the academic records and grades of prospective students. International students are encouraged to apply for enrollment at UVic.
In addition to academic offerings, UVic provides a comprehensive range of facilities and services to support its students. These include a library, housing options, sports facilities, financial aid and scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, as well as administrative services.
Why study at the University of Victoria?
Studying at the University of Victoria (UVic) offers several compelling reasons:
- Strong Academic Reputation: UVic is consistently ranked among the top universities in Canada and globally. It is known for its strong academic programs and research opportunities across various disciplines. The university maintains high standards of teaching and has renowned faculty members who are experts in their fields.
- Wide Range of Programs: UVic offers a diverse range of undergraduate and graduate programs in areas such as humanities, sciences, social sciences, engineering, business, education, fine arts, and more. This breadth of options allows you to explore your interests and find a program that aligns with your academic and career goals.
- Research Opportunities: UVic is a research-intensive institution with a vibrant research community. As a student, you can engage in cutting-edge research projects, work with leading scholars, and contribute to advancements in your field of study. The university’s emphasis on research provides valuable experiential learning opportunities and can enhance your future prospects.
- Campus and Location: UVic’s campus is situated on Vancouver Island, surrounded by natural beauty. The campus itself offers a welcoming and supportive environment, with modern facilities, libraries, research centers, and state-of-the-art laboratories. The location provides easy access to outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, and water sports, while still being close to urban amenities in Victoria.
- Co-op and Career Development: UVic has a strong co-operative education (co-op) program that integrates academic studies with relevant work experience. Co-op placements allow you to apply your knowledge in real-world settings and build valuable skills while establishing professional connections. UVic’s career services also offer resources, workshops, and networking opportunities to help you explore career paths and prepare for the job market.
- Internationalization: UVic is committed to fostering a global perspective and offers numerous opportunities for international study, exchanges, and collaborations. You can participate in study abroad programs, engage with a diverse student body, and develop a global mindset, which is increasingly valuable in today’s interconnected world.
- Supportive Community and Campus Life: UVic takes pride in creating a supportive and inclusive community. There are numerous clubs, organizations, and extracurricular activities available to students, fostering a vibrant campus life. Additionally, the university provides various student support services, including academic advising, counselling, health services, and financial aid, to ensure your overall well-being and success.
It’s important to conduct thorough research and consider your personal preferences, academic interests, and career goals when choosing a university. Visiting the campus, speaking with current students or alumni, and exploring specific programs of interest can help you make an informed decision about whether UVic is the right fit for you.
University of Victoria identity
Name of the university: University of Victoria
Year of creation: 1963 Origins date back to 1903
Motto: Multitudo sapoentum sanitas orbis
A multitude of the wise is the health of the world
Colours: Red, gold and blue
University of Victoria Campus Location
Address PO Box 1700
V8W 2Y2 British Columbia
Tel +1 (250) 721 7211
Fax +1 (250) 721 7212
University of Victoria Areas of Study and Degree Levels
UniRank Study Areas and Degree Levels Matrix™
- Arts & Humanities
- Language & Cultural Studies
- Business & Social Sciences
- Medicine & Health
- Science & Technology
- Arts & Humanities
- Language & Cultural Studies
- Business & Social Sciences
- Medicine & Health
- Science & Technology
University of Victoria tuition details
Updated Tuition Range Matrix™ (Yearly)
uniRank Tuition Range Matrix™
- Undergraduate Postgraduate
- Domestic Students $2,500-$4,999 USD
(€2,280-€4,555 Euro) $2,500-$4,999 USD
- International Students $12,500-$14,999 USD
(€11,390-€13,670 Euro) $12,500-$14,999 USD
The University of Victoria Admission Information
Below is an overview of the University of Victoria’s admission policy and statistics:
- Admission Gender:
The University of Victoria admits both men and women (coed).
- Admission Selection:
Does the University of Victoria have a selective admission policy? Yes, the university considers entrance examinations as well as students’ past academic records and grades for admission.
- Acceptance Rate:
The acceptance rate range for the University of Victoria is not available.
- International Admissions:
International students are encouraged to apply for admission to this institution.
- Admission Office:
For further inquiries regarding admission, please contact the Admission Office.
University of Victoria Enrollment Profile
- Student Enrollment:
The University of Victoria is a large-sized institution with a student enrollment ranging from 20,000 to 24,999.
- Academic Staff:
The institution has a range of 4,000 to 4,499 academic employees (Faculty).
- Control Type:
The University of Victoria is a public higher education institution.
- Entity Type:
The University of Victoria is a non-profit higher education institution.
- Academic Calendar:
The institution follows a Semesters type of academic calendar.
- Campus Setting:
The main campus of the University of Victoria is located in a Suburban setting.
- Religious Affiliation:
The University of Victoria does not have any religious affiliation.
University of Victoria Facilities and Services
The University of Victoria is not affiliated with any religious organization
Facilities and Services
The University of Victoria offers a range of facilities and services to enhance the student experience. Here is an overview of what they provide:
- Library: The university has a physical library that provides resources and support for students. You can visit the University of Victoria’s Library for access to various materials.
- Housing: Students have the option of on-campus residences or dormitories, as well as off-campus accommodation facilitated by the university.
- Sports Facilities: The institution boasts sporting facilities and organizes sports activities to promote physical well-being and active engagement among students.
- Financial Aids: Eligible students can avail themselves of various types of financial aid, including scholarships, grants, loans, tuition waivers, and emergency financial assistance.
- Study Abroad: The university offers study abroad and exchange program opportunities, allowing students to broaden their horizons and gain international exposure.
- Distance Learning: Some programs or courses at this institution are available in a distance learning mode, providing flexibility and accessibility to students.
Please note that information on academic counselling and career services was not reported. For specific details, it is advisable to reach out to the university directly.
University of Victoria accreditation details
Institutional Recognition or Accreditation:
The University of Victoria holds legal recognition and accreditation from the Ministry of Post-Secondary Education and Future Skills of British Columbia.
Specialized or Programmatic Accreditations:
The University of Victoria has received accreditations from reputable organizations, including:
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD-EQUIS)
The University of Victoria’s academic structure
- Faculty of Business
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Graduate Studies
- Faculty of Fine Arts
- Faculty of Human and Social Development
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Science
- Division of Medical Sciences
- Division of Continuing Studies
The University of Victoria Affiliation and Membership Lists
The University of Victoria holds various memberships and affiliations, as highlighted by uniRank. It is important to note that the provided list may not be exhaustive or current. For a comprehensive and up-to-date roster, please refer to the University of Victoria’s official website. Some of the notable memberships and affiliations include:
- Universities Canada (UC)
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
- Canadian University Society for Intercollegiate Debate (CUSID)
- Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE)
- Canadian University Press (CUP)
Remember to consult the University of Victoria’s website for a complete understanding of their memberships and affiliations.
University of Victoria Social Media Platforms
uniRank provides concise evaluations, rankings, and measurements for various social media platforms associated with the University of Victoria. These assessments serve as a valuable reference for comparative analysis and aid in the selection process for prospective applicants.
Evaluation of the University of Victoria’s official Facebook page.
Evaluation of the University of Victoria’s official Twitter page.
Evaluation of the University of Victoria’s official YouTube channel.
Assessment of the University of Victoria’s official Instagram page.
Evaluation of the primary LinkedIn profile representing the University of Victoria.
Not applicable (n.a.).
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the University of Victoria admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunity: