Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year are now open at the University of Waterloo. Our institution is renowned for its inventive and vibrant approach to learning. We warmly invite you to join us on a fulfilling journey towards your academic and career goals.
We encourage you to delve into our admission procedures and discover the many benefits of studying at our esteemed university. For a comprehensive understanding of our admission policies and the advantages of choosing us, we highly recommend visiting our exceptional blog. This invaluable resource is tailored to prospective students.
About the University of Waterloo
The University of Waterloo, founded in 1957, is a non-profit public institution of higher education situated in the small city of Waterloo, Ontario with a population range of 50,000 to 249,999 inhabitants. Accredited by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities of Ontario, the University of Waterloo is a coeducational Canadian higher education institution.
It has a large student enrollment range of 25,000 to 29,999. The university offers various courses and programs that lead to officially recognized bachelor’s degrees in different areas of study. International students are welcome to enrol.
Additionally, the University of Waterloo provides numerous academic and non-academic facilities and services, such as a library, sports facilities, study abroad and exchange programs, and administrative services, to its students. For more information on degree levels and areas of study, please refer to the UniRank table below.
Why should I consider the University of Waterloo?
When selecting a university, it’s crucial to consider your future goals. Waterloo is a school that prioritizes relevant experience, regardless of what you aspire to do.
Waterloo offers a plethora of exploration opportunities, including North America’s most extensive co-op program, international exchanges, clubs, certificate programs, lab work, field studies, and hackathons. These experiences enable you to pursue your passions and discover new interests.
If you enroll in Waterloo’s co-op program, you’ll graduate with up to 24 months of paid work experience. You’ll gain valuable skills, interviewing proficiency, and the confidence to succeed in the workforce. Additionally, through networking with co-workers and employers, you can create lasting connections that will benefit you during your job search.
When evaluating different options, consider the institution’s reputation. The name of the university on your degree can carry weight in the real world, although it should not be the sole deciding factor. Earning a degree from a highly respected university can open doors to your career.
The University of Waterloo has been named Canada’s most innovative university for 29 out of the past 30 years and is ranked #1 in Canada for hands-on, experiential learning. This reputation can be a powerful asset when seeking employment, as Waterloo has consistently been ranked as a top university among corporate recruiters since 2014.
Thinking about graduate success is another significant factor to consider when making a final decision. Your degree is only one piece of the puzzle for employability. Waterloo was ranked #1 in Canada for career preparation in a recent survey. 96% of co-op graduates found employment related to Waterloo skills within six months of graduation, compared to 79% of Ontario graduates.
Waterloo’s alumni community is an excellent example of how graduates make a difference in the world. With more than 203,000 alumni in 152 countries, they are creating start-ups, becoming best-selling authors, and performing world-changing research. Global Ambassadors are available in 18 countries to help alumni adjust to new cities for work or travel.
Waterloo is also ranked #1 in Canada for graduate employment rate according to the QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022.
The University of Waterloo Identity
- Name of the university: University of Waterloo
- Acronym: UW
- Year of creation: 1957
- Motto: Concordia cum veritate, In harmony with the truth
- Colours: gold, black and white
The University of Waterloo Campus Location
Address: 200 University Avenue West
N2L 3G1 Ontario
CanadaTel+1 (519) 888 4567Fax+1 (519) 884 8009
The University of Waterloo Study Areas and Degree Levels:
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
The University of Waterloo tuition details
Program Level | Local Students | International Students Undergraduate | 5,000-7,500 USD | 17,500-20,000 USD (12,900-14,700 EUR) Postgraduate | 5,000-7,500 USD | 15,000-17,500 USD (11,000-12,900 EUR)
The University of Waterloo Admission Information
- University Admissions: Coeducation Men and women are both eligible to apply
- International Students: The university accepts applications from international students
- Selection Criteria: No information is provided about the selection process
- Acceptance Rate: No data has been disclosed regarding the admission rate Office of Admissions Contact information for the admissions office is not specified
The University of Waterloo Enrollment Profile
- Number of enrolled students: between 25,000 and 29,999
- Number of academic staff: between 1,000 and 1,499
- Control type: Public
- Entity type: Non-Profit
- Academic Calendar: Semesters
- Campus setting: Urban
- Religious affiliation: None
The UW Facilities and Service
Facilities and services at the UW
University facilities and services encompass the physical resources and infrastructure a university offers to support academic and research pursuits. In addition, they support the well-being of its students, faculty, and staff.
Examples of such facilities and services include lecture halls and classrooms, research labs, libraries, dining options, on-campus housing, fitness and sports centres, technology and computing resources, academic counselling services, career services, financial aid, and study abroad programs.
UW provides the following facilities and services, according to UniRank:
- Library: Yes, the University of Waterloo has a library that provides resources and services to support research and academic activities.
- Housing: Not reported.
- Sports Facilities: Yes, the campus has sports and fitness facilities.
- Financial Aid: Not reported.
- Study Abroad: Yes, study abroad programs are available for students.
- Distance Learning: Not reported.
- Academic Counseling: Not reported.
- Career Services: Not reported.
- Institutional hospital: Not reported.
The University of Waterloo Accreditation Details
The University of Waterloo has received institutional recognition and accreditation from the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities of Ontario. Additionally, its psychology program has obtained programmatic accreditation from the American Psychological Association (APA).
The University of Waterloo Affiliations and Membership Details
The list below outlines UW’s notable memberships and affiliations, as published by UniRank. Please note that the information may not be complete or current. For a comprehensive list, it is recommended to refer to the UW website.
- Universities of Canada (UC)
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
- U15 Group of Canadian Research Universities (U15).
- Council of Ontario Universities (COU).
- Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS).
- Canadian University Society for Intercollegiate Debate (CUSID).
- Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE).
- Canadian University Press (CUP).
The University of Waterloo’s academic structure
- Faculty of Applied Health Sciences
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Environment
- Faculty of Mathematics
- Faculty of Science
The University of Waterloo Social Media Platform
Evaluate the following UW social media profiles:
- Facebook: Official University of Waterloo Facebook page
- Twitter: Official University of Waterloo Twitter page
- YouTube: Official University of Waterloo YouTube channel
- Instagram: Official Instagram page of the University of Waterloo
- LinkedIn: The official LinkedIn profile of the University of Waterloo
- TikTok: The University of Waterloo does not have an official TikTok account.
To get more information about admission, kindly visit the University of Waterloo admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: