Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México is now accepting applications for the 2023-2024 academic year. We welcome you to become part of our dynamic and visionary university community. By joining us, you can unlock endless opportunities and unleash your true potential.
If you’re interested in applying, we encourage you to explore our admission process and learn about the many advantages of studying at our esteemed institution. Our blog provides valuable insights into our admissions procedures and highlights the diverse benefits of being a Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México student.
About the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
The National Autonomous University of Mexico, or Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM), is a public higher education institution founded in 1551. It is located in Mexico City, with additional campuses in Ensenada, Morelos, Juriquilla, Temixco, Morelia, and Mérida.
UNAM is a co-educational institution with over 45,000 students. It is officially recognized by the Secretariat of Public Education of Mexico. It offers a range of degree programs including pre-bachelor, bachelor, master, and doctorate degrees across various fields of study.
Admission is selective and based on entrance exams, academic records, and grades. International applicants are welcome to apply. UNAM provides numerous academic and non-academic facilities such as a library, sports facilities, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services.
Why choose Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
The Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM) is a prestigious institution with a rich history and excellent academic reputation. Here are some reasons to consider studying at UNAM:
- Academic Excellence: UNAM is widely regarded as one of the most prestigious universities in Latin America, and consistently ranks among the top universities in the world. Its faculty includes some of the most distinguished scholars in their respective fields, and its research output is world-class.
- Variety of Programs: UNAM offers a wide range of academic programs, including undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in various fields such as engineering, social sciences, natural sciences, the arts, and the humanities.
- Cultural Heritage: The university has a rich cultural heritage and has contributed significantly to the development of Mexican culture. Its campus houses numerous museums, libraries, and cultural centres. This provides students with unique opportunities to explore Mexican art, history, and culture.
- Affordable Education: UNAM provides high-quality education at a relatively low cost compared to other universities around the world. This makes it an accessible option for many students, regardless of their financial backgrounds.
- Student Life: UNAM has a vibrant student community, with numerous clubs and organizations that cater to a variety of interests. The university also hosts cultural and sporting events throughout the year, providing students with opportunities to engage with their peers and develop new skills.
UNAM offers an exceptional academic and cultural experience that can benefit students who want to study in Mexico or Latin America.
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México Identity
- Name of university: Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- Acronym: UNAM
- Year of creation: 1551
- Motto : Por mi raza hablará el espíritu , The Spirit will speak for my race
- Colours: Blue and gold
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México Campus Location
Address: Ciudad Universitaria
04510 Mexico City
MexicoTel+52 (55) 5622 1280Fax+52 (55) 5616 0030Other locationsEnsenada, Morelos, Juriquilla, Temixco, Morelia, Mérida
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México Areas of Study & Degree Levels
UniRank’s Matrix™ of Study Areas and Degree Levels includes the following categories for both undergraduate and postgraduate programs:
- Arts & Humanities
- Business & Social Sciences
- Language & Cultural Studies
- Medicine & Health
- Science & Technology
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México Tuition Ranges
- Annual tuition fees for undergraduate and postgraduate students are provided in the UniRank Tuition Range Matrix™. Fees are divided into two categories: local and international students.
- For local students, tuition fees are not reported in the matrix. However, for international students, tuition fees range from 0-1,000 US dollars (0-750 euros) for undergraduate programs and 1,000-2,500 US dollars (750-1,800 euros) for postgraduate programs.
UNAM Admission Guidelines
University Admissions Information
- Enrollment: Coeducational (open to both men and women)
- International Applicants: Welcome to apply for admission
- Selection Criteria: Based on entrance exams and previous academic performance and grades
- Admission Rate: Currently unavailable
- Admission Office Address: 10th Floor, Rectoría Tower, Universidad Avenue 3000, Mexico City 04510 Contact Number: (55) 56 22 11 05
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México Enrollment Profile
Size and characteristics:
- Student enrollment exceeds 45,000.
- The academic staff comprises over 5,000 individuals.
- The control type is public, and the entity type is non-profit.
- The academic calendar is continuous.
- Campus settings are urban.
- There is no religious affiliation.
UNAM Facilities and Services
- UNAM offers a range of facilities and services to its students. Students have access to the university’s library, which provides resources and support for research and learning. The university also has sports facilities available for use.
- In addition, the university offers study abroad and distance learning. However, information about financial aid, academic counselling, career services, and an institutional hospital is not currently reported.
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México Accreditaion Details
The institution has been accredited by the Secretaría de Educación Pública in Mexico for institutional accreditation since 1910.
UNAM Affiliations and Membership Details
Universities and institutions of higher education can join or affiliate with the following organizations:
- Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU).
- National Association of Universities and Higher Education Institutions (ANUIES).
- International Forum of Public Universities (IFPU).
- Open Education Consortium (OEC).
UNAM Academic Structure
- Faculty of Accounting and Administration
- Faculty of Architecture
- Faculty of Chemistry
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of High Studies, Aragon
- Faculty of High Studies, Acatlan
- Faculty of High Studies, Iztacal
- Faculty of High Studies, Zaragoza
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Odontology
- Faculty of Philosophy and Literature
- Faculty of Political and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Psychology
- Faculty of Sciences
- Faculty of Veterinarian Medicine and Animal Science
- National School of Plastic Arts
- National School of Social Work
- National School of Music
- National Preparatory School
- National School of High Studies Morelia
- National School of High Studies Leon
- College of Sciences and Humanities
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México Social Media Platforms
- Facebook: The Facebook page for social networking of the UNAM.
- Twitter: The Twitter page of UNAM, is used for micro-blogging and news updates.
- LinkedIn: The LinkedIn profile of UNAM, is designed for business and academic networking.
- YouTube: The YouTube or Vimeo channel of UNAM, is used for hosting videos.
- TikTok: Unfortunately, UNAM does not currently have a TikTok account
- Instagram: The Instagram or Flickr account of UNAM is used for sharing photos.
To get more information about the admission process, Kindly visit Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México’s official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: