Exciting news! The Université de Montréal is thrilled to announce that applications are now open for the 2023-2024 academic session.
Our commitment to empowering students and nurturing their academic and professional aspirations through transformative education fills us with pride. We extend a warm invitation to you, inviting you to embark on this remarkable journey with us.
To enhance your chances of being admitted, we highly recommend thoroughly reviewing our comprehensive admission guidelines and requirements.
Furthermore, we strongly encourage you to explore our wide range of programs designed to cater to diverse interests. To help you make well-informed decisions, we have curated a dedicated blog that offers invaluable insights for prospective students like you.
About the Université de Montréal
Established in 1878, the Université de Montréal, also known as the University of Montréal, is a prestigious non-profit public higher education institution situated in the bustling urban area of Montréal, Quebec. Recognized by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur, Québec (Ministry of Education and Higher Education of Quebec).
UdeM is a large coeducational university with a significant student body (uniRank enrollment range: over 45,000 students). The university offers a wide range of programs and courses leading to bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees across various fields of study. For more information, refer to the UniRank degree levels and areas of study table provided.
With a rich history spanning 145 years, UdeM follows a selective admission process that considers students’ academic records and grades. Its acceptance rate typically falls within the range of 40-49%, positioning it as a moderately selective institution. International students are encouraged to apply for UdeM enrollment.
The university provides an array of academic and non-academic resources and amenities to support students, including a library, on-campus housing, sports facilities, financial assistance in the form of scholarships and grants, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services.
Why should I consider the Université de Montréal?
Studying at the Université de Montréal offers several compelling reasons:
- Academic Excellence: UdeM is consistently ranked among the top universities in Canada and the world. It is renowned for its high-quality education, rigorous academic programs, and distinguished faculty members who are experts in their fields.
- Wide Range of Programs: The university offers a vast array of programs across various disciplines, ensuring that you can find a program that aligns with your interests and career goals. Whether you’re interested in the arts and humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, engineering, health sciences, or business, the Université de Montréal has a diverse range of options to choose from.
- Research Opportunities: The university has a strong emphasis on research and provides numerous opportunities for students to engage in cutting-edge research projects. You can collaborate with renowned professors and researchers, gaining valuable hands-on experience and contributing to advancements in your field.
- Multicultural Environment: UdeM is located in Montreal, a vibrant and multicultural city known for its diversity and dynamic atmosphere. Studying at the university exposes you to a diverse community of students and faculty members from around the world, fostering a global perspective and enriching your cultural experiences.
- Francophone Environment: As one of the leading French-speaking universities in North America, the Université de Montréal offers an unparalleled opportunity to immerse yourself in a Francophone environment. Studying French can enhance your language skills, open doors to international career opportunities, and broaden your cultural horizons.
- Student Support Services: The university provides a range of support services to help students succeed academically and personally. These include academic advising, career counselling, tutoring services, libraries, state-of-the-art facilities, and student organizations that foster a sense of community and engagement.
- Networking and Career Opportunities: Montreal is a thriving economic hub, offering numerous job opportunities and connections to various industries. The university has strong ties with the business community, facilitating internships, co-op programs, and networking events to help students establish valuable connections and enhance their career prospects.
- Quality of Life: Montreal consistently ranks among the top cities for quality of life. It is known for its affordable living costs, vibrant arts and culture scene, diverse culinary offerings, and numerous recreational activities. Studying at the Université de Montréal allows you to enjoy an enriching academic experience while immersing yourself in the city’s unique lifestyle.
Ultimately, choosing the Université de Montréal for your studies can provide you with top-notch education, research opportunities, a multicultural environment, and a gateway to a successful future.
Université de Montréal identity
- Name of the university: Université de Montréal
- Acronym: UdeM
- Year of creation: 1878
- Motto: Fide Splendet et Scientia, May it shine with truth and knowledge
- Colours: Royal blue, white and black
Université de Montréal Campus Location
Address: CP 6128, Succursale Centre Ville
H3C 3J7 Quebec
CanadaTel+1 (514) 343 6111Fax+1 (514) 343 2098
Université de Montréal Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
Université de Montréal tuition details
Undergraduate Postgraduate Local Students $1,000-$2,499 (€910-€2,280) $1,000-$2,499 (€910-€2,280) International Students $10,000-$12,499 (€9,110-€11,390) $10,000-$12,499 (€9,110-€11,390)
Université de Montréal Admission Information
Introduction Admission serves as the initial step towards fulfilling students’ educational and professional aspirations. This is done while gaining access to university opportunities and resources.
Admission policies vary based on the country, the type of higher education institution, and the specific programs or majors available. Prospective students must carefully review the admission policies and requirements of each institution they are considering.
This will enable them to determine their eligibility and, if the institution follows a selective admission process instead of open admission, prepare a robust application.
Admission Details and Statistics Below, UniRank presents an overview of essential information regarding the Université de Montréal admission policy and statistics.
Admission Gender: UdeM admits both men and women (CoEd).
Admission Selection Does UdeM have a selective admission policy? Yes, the university evaluates applicants based on their previous academic records and grades.
Acceptance Rate: UdeM acceptance rate range is 40-49%, indicating a moderately selective higher education institution.
International Admissions International students are encouraged to apply for admission to the Université de Montréal.
Admission Office Admission Office C.P. 6205, Succursale Centre Ville Montréal H3C 3T5 Phone: (514) 343 7076
Université de Montréal Enrollment Profile
Below are some major indicators of size and profile for the Université de Montréal, as published by UniRank:
- Student Enrollment: UdeM boasts 45,000 students, making it a significant institution.
- Academic Staff: The institution employs a diverse range of over 5,000 academic employees (faculty members).
- A public higher education institution, UdeM is a public higher education institution.
- Entity Type: UdeM is a non-profit educational institution.
- Academic Calendar: This institution follows a trimester-based academic calendar.
- Campus Setting: UdeM main campus is situated in an urban setting.
- Religious Affiliation: UdeM is not affiliated with religious groups.
Read More: Universitetet i Oslo Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
UdeM Facilities and Services
Facilities and Services Overview UdeM offers a range of facilities and services to support its students in various aspects of their academic and personal lives.
- Library: The institution has a dedicated physical library that provides resources and materials for students. Students can access the Université de Montréal’s Library for research and study.
- Housing: The university offers both on-campus residences or dormitories, as well as off-campus accommodation options, to provide students with convenient and comfortable living arrangements.
- Sports Facilities: Students have access to sporting facilities within the institution, where they can engage in various physical activities. The university also organizes sports activities to promote a healthy and active lifestyle among students.
- Financial Aid: The institution offers different types of financial aid, including scholarships, grants, loans, tuition waivers, and emergency financial aid, to eligible students. These financial aids aim to support students on their educational journey.
- Study Abroad: The university provides opportunities for students to participate in study abroad and exchange programs. These programs enable students to broaden their academic horizons and gain international exposure.
- Distance Learning: For certain programs or courses, the university offers distance learning, allowing students to pursue their education remotely. This flexibility accommodates students who prefer or require online learning.
- Academic Counseling: The institution offers academic counselling services to support students in their educational pursuits. Students can receive guidance and assistance in choosing courses, planning their educational path, and addressing any learning challenges they may encounter.
- Career Services: To help students transition from academic life to professional life, the university provides comprehensive career services. These services include career counselling, career assessments, job and internship postings, career events, and alumni networking opportunities.
By offering these facilities and services, the Université de Montréal aims to create an environment that nurtures students’ academic growth, personal development, and future career success.
Université de Montréal accreditation details
Institutional Recognition or Accreditation:
The Université de Montréal holds legal recognition and accreditation from the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur in Québec.
Specialized or Programmatic Accreditations:
The Université de Montréal’s specialized programs have received accreditations from various esteemed organizations, including:
- American Library Association (ALA), Committee on Accreditation
- Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME).
- Planning Accreditation Board (PAB).
Université de Montréal Affiliate and Membership Details
Memberships and Affiliations The Université de Montréal maintains several memberships and affiliations, which are key to its engagement with the academic community and global networks. It is worth noting that the following list may not be exhaustive or up-to-date. For a comprehensive and current list, consult the Université de Montréal’s official website.
- Universities Canada (UC): Université de Montréal is a member of Universities Canada, an organization that represents universities and colleges across Canada, advocating for their interests and promoting collaboration in higher education.
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU): As a member of the ACU, Université de Montréal participates in a network of universities from Commonwealth countries. This membership facilitates international partnerships, academic exchanges, and collaborative research opportunities.
- U15 Group of Canadian Research Universities (U15): The U15 Group comprises Canada’s leading research-intensive universities, including Université de Montréal. This affiliation fosters cooperation in research, innovation, and higher education advancement in Canada.
- International Forum of Public Universities (IFPU): Université de Montréal is a member of the IFPU, an international network of public universities committed to sharing best practices, promoting excellence in teaching and research, and addressing global challenges through collaboration.
- Association of Universities of the Canadian Francophonie (AUFC): Being part of the AUFC, Université de Montréal collaborates with other French-speaking universities in Canada to enhance the development and promotion of French-language education and research.
- Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE): Université de Montréal is associated with CBIE, which is a national organization focused on promoting international education and fostering global engagement among Canadian educational institutions.
- Canadian University Press (CUP): Université de Montréal is affiliated with the CUP, a national cooperative representing student newspapers and media outlets from universities across Canada. This membership provides opportunities for student journalists and promotes campus journalism initiatives.
Please note that while these affiliations demonstrate the university’s involvement in various national and international networks, it is essential to refer to the official Université de Montréal website. This is for the most comprehensive and up-to-date information on its memberships and affiliations.
Université de Montréal academic structure
- Faculty of Landscape Architecture, Design and Urban Planning
- Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Continuing Education
- Faculty of Graduate Studies
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Faculty of Music
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies
- Department of Motor Sciences
- School of Optometry
Université de Montréal Social Media Platform
UniRank provides concise evaluations, rankings, and metrics for various social media platforms associated with Université de Montréal. These assessments serve as a starting point for comparisons and an additional resource for prospective applicants in making their selections.
- Facebook Review of Université de Montréal’s official Facebook page by UniRank.
- Twitter Review of Université de Montréal’s official Twitter page by UniRank.
- YouTube Review of Université de Montréal’s official YouTube channel by UniRank.
- Instagram Evaluation of Université de Montréal’s official Instagram page.
- LinkedIn Assessment of Université de Montréal’s primary LinkedIn profile.
- TikTok Not applicable (n.a.)
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the Université de Montréal’s admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities:
The University of Warwick Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
The University of Queensland Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
The University of Missouri Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session