Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year are now accepted at the University at Buffalo. Our institution is committed to providing exceptional and groundbreaking educational opportunities that can help you reach your academic and professional aspirations.
We invite you to join us on this exhilarating journey.
To ensure you are well-informed, we urge you to review our admission requirements thoroughly. Moreover, we encourage you to explore our wide array of programs, as they cater to a diverse range of interests. As a prospective student, we have compiled a customized blog for you, which offers invaluable insights to help you make an informed decision.
About the University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo, State University of New York is a public, non-profit, state higher-education institution established in 1846. It is located in Buffalo, a medium-sized city with a population range of 250,000-499,999 inhabitants, and has a branch campus in Amherst.
Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, UB is a coeducational institution with a large student enrollment range of 30,000-34,999. The university offers various degree programs, including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees in different areas of study.
Admission to UB is selective and based on entrance examinations, past academic records, and grades. The admission rate range is 50-60%, which makes it an average selective institution. UB welcomes international students to apply for enrollment and provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services, such as a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid, scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services.
Why should I consider the University at Buffalo?
In front of the Center for the Arts stands a bronze buffalo statue, reflecting the world-class reputation of the University at Buffalo (UB). As a top-ranked public research university in the United States and the most comprehensive campus in the State University of New York (SUNY) system, UB is recognized as a top destination for international students.
UB offers superior value among both public and private universities in the United States, combining high-quality education with affordability. With comprehensive academic and research opportunities, advising support programs, and access to more than $4 million in annual scholarships, UB is one of the most affordable schools available.
UB’s exceptional academics are reflected in the breadth and depth of its unique combination of rigorous academic programs and transformative learning opportunities. With over 100 majors and 60 minors, UB offers the widest range of academic programs of any public institution in New York or New England.
UB’s vibrant campus life is characterized by its dynamic and friendly community, offering endless opportunities for fun, involvement, and lifelong connections. From sports and clubs to student activities and on-campus housing communities, all aspects of student life are connected, diverse, and welcoming.
UB is a welcoming community that offers excellent education to students from around the world. Buffalo, known as the “City of Good Neighbors,” offers a neighbourly way of life, unpretentious nature, and spirited loyalty. With professional sports teams, world-renowned cultural institutions, and small-town charm and convenience, UB takes pride in being friendly, caring, and full of fun, especially in the snow!
University at Buffalo identity
- Name of the university: University at Buffalo, State University of New York
- Acronyms: UB
- Year of creation: 1846
- Motto: Men’s health requires a healthy body.,Sound Mind in a Sound Body
- Colours: white and blue
University at Buffalo Campus Location
Address:12 Capen Hall
14260-1660 New York
United StatesTel+1 (716) 645 2000Fax+1 (716) 645 2895Other locationsAmherst
University at Buffalo Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
University at Buffalo Tuition Details
Academic LevelDomestic Students (US$)Domestic Students (Euro)International Students (US$)International Students (Euro)Undergraduate10,000-12,5007,400-9,200over 20,00014,700Postgraduate12,500-15,0009,200-11,000over 20,00014,700
(Note: The above table provides the same information as the original text but is presented in tabular form for readability and clarity.)
University at Buffalo Admission Information
- The university welcomes applications from both men and women in a co-ed environment.
- International students are also encouraged to apply for admission.
- Selection for admission is based on entrance examinations and past academic records and grades.
- Admission requirements must be met, including a secondary school GPA, record, and completion of a college-preparatory program.
- Recommendations are considered, but not required, and a formal demonstration of competence is recommended.
- Admission test scores are required, as well as a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Other tests such as Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc., are neither required nor recommended.
- The university has an admission rate of 50-60% and interested applicants can contact the Admission Office located at 15 Capen Hall, Buffalo 14260. They can also call (716) 645 6900 or 888 822 3648.
University at Buffalo enrollment profile
UniRank has provided the following key indicators for University at Buffalo, the State University of New York, related to its size and profile:
- Student Enrollment: Between 30,000 and 34,999
- Academic Staff: Between 2,000 and 2,499
- Control Type: Public State
- Entity Type: Non-profit
- Academic Calendar: Semesters
- Campus Setting: Suburban
- Religious affiliation: None
UB Facilities and Services
- UniRank has officially classified the University at Buffalo, State University of New York as a Doctoral University with Very High Research Activity. This is according to the Carnegie Classification.
- In the 2000 Carnegie Classification, the university was classified as a Doctoral/Research University with extensive activity.
- The university is a large, primarily residential institution that offers four-year programs, with a majority of students being undergraduates.
- The undergraduate program at the University at Buffalo is four-year, full-time and has a more selective admission process, with a higher transfer-in rate.
- The university’s instructional program is balanced between the arts and sciences and professions, with a high level of coexistence between graduate and undergraduate programs.
University at Buffalo accreditation details
The University at Buffalo, State University of New York offers a range of facilities and services, which are summarized by UniRank below.
- Library: The university’s library houses both physical and digital/electronic collections. As of 2018, it held 1,881,573 physical volumes, 353,974 physical media, 10,894 digital/electronic media, and had access to 411 licensed digital/electronic databases. The library comprises 9 branches.
- Housing: The university provides on-campus housing for students, with a total capacity of approximately 7,988 students in the 2018 academic year.
- Sports Facilities: The university offers sports facilities for students.
- Financial Aid: Students can access financial aid services at the university.
- Study Abroad: The university facilitates study abroad programs for interested students.
- Distance Learning: The university offers distance learning programs.
- Academic Counseling: Academic counselling services are available for students.
- Career Services: The university provides career services for students.
- Institutional Hospital: The university has its own hospital.
University at Buffalo Accreditation Details
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education has granted legal recognition or accreditation to the University at Buffalo, State University of New York.
The University received its first accreditation from the Middle States Commission on Higher Education in 1921.
In addition, the University at Buffalo has also earned specialized or programmatic accreditations from various organizations, including the
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE),
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
- Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (AANA).
University at Buffalo Affiliations and Membership Details
UniRank publishes a list of University at Buffalo memberships and affiliations, as published by UniRank. It is important to note that the list may not be comprehensive or current. It is recommended to refer to the university’s website for more information.
- SUNY System
- AAU (Association of American Universities)
- APLU (Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities)
- NAA (National Athletic Association).NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association).
Also, Apply for: Colorado State University Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
University at Buffalo’s academic structure
- Graduate School of Social Work
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Graduate School of Education
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- School of Architecture and Planning
- School of Dental Medicine
- School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- School of Public Health and Health Professionals
- UB Law School
University at Buffalo Social Media Platform
Review of the University at Buffalo, State University of New York’s presence on various social media platforms:
- Facebook: A review of the University at Buffalo, State University of New York’s Facebook page.
- Twitter: A review of the University at Buffalo, State University of New York’s official Twitter page.
- YouTube: A review of the University at Buffalo, State University of New York’s official YouTube channel.
- Instagram: An overview of the University at Buffalo, State University of New York’s official Instagram page.
- LinkedIn: An overview of the University at Buffalo, State University of New York’s main LinkedIn profile.
- TikTok: Currently, there is no official TikTok account for the University at Buffalo, State University of New York.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the University of Buffalo admission official website to get latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities:
William Marsh Rice University Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
The University of Southampton Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session