The University of British Colombia (UBC) International Scholars is now available for international students. Each year, 50 scholarships across all four awards are available through UBC’s International Scholars Program based on the need and merit of the students.
If you wish to apply for this program kindly read this article to the end for easy steps on how to apply.
The University of British Colombia (UBC) International Scholars is now available for international students. Each year, 50 scholarships across all four awards are available through UBC’s International Scholars Program based on the need and merit of the students. By submitting an application, the UBC team will automatically consider an applicant for one of the awards that they are eligible for.
Please note that applying for the International Scholars Program is nomination-based, and a school of students or a non-profit organization can nominate an applicant. Applicants need to submit a reference from an academic referee.
The UBC’s International Scholars Program awards include the followings:
- Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award: This award is for international students at the undergraduate level with excellent academic achievements, exceptional leadership skills, and engagement in community and student affairs services.
- Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award: This award recognizes international students with excellent academic achievements under challenging circumstances from war-torn or impoverished areas.
- International Impact Award: International students with commitment and solutions for social justice issues, equity and inclusion, societal health and wellness, climate change, and freedom of expression can apply for this award.
- Vantage One Excellence Award: This is the UBC Vantage College award for international students with excellent academic achievements who do not yet meet the English Language Admission Standard for direct admission to UBC. This award will cover the full academic costs of students and living expenses.
- Application Status: Open
- Organization: University of British Colombia
- Location: Canada
- Gender: Male/Female
- Funding Type: Partially and fully-funded
- Number of Positions: 50
- Level: Undergraduate
- Eligible Countries: All countries, including war-torn areas
- Program Duration: N/A
- Language Required: English
- Fields: Several fields of study
Benefits of the University of British Columbia International Scholars Program
UBC’s International Scholars offers the chance to:
- Gain a globally recognized degree at a top university
- Be fellow with the brightest students in the world
- Benefit from unique inside and outside classroom learning opportunities
- Get support from a team of dedicated International Scholars Program advisors throughout the degree program
Eligibility Criteria for University of British Columbia International Scholars Program
There are some particular eligibility criteria for this program as follows. Applicants must:
- You must be an international student who will study in Canada with a Canadian study permit
- Y0u must enter UBC from a recognized secondary school or transfer from their first year at a post-secondary college or another university
- You must have graduated from a high school no earlier than one year
- You must apply for their first undergraduate degree program Demonstrate superior academic achievement
- Demonstrate a level of financial need; otherwise, they are not considered for a UBC degree
- Fulfil UBC’s admission requirements, such as general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
BC team will consider an applicant for the Vantage One Excellence Award if an applicant:
- Meets all previous eligibility criteria
- Does not yet meet UBC’s English Language Admission Standard for direct admission to UBC
- Fulfills the UBC Vantage College admission requirements
- Recently graduated from a high school
- Starts their undergraduate studies at UBC in the UBC Vantage One Program.
International applicants who apply for UBC International Scholars Program should follow the below steps:
- Review the application page for the program
- Select an academic program and campus
- A high school or a non-profit organization should nominate the applicant
- Gather all required financial information, as well as notes on any extracurricular activities and awards
- Submit their application form for International Scholars Program before the deadline
- Submit their submissions application to UBC before the deadline
How to Apply for University of British Columbia International Scholars Program
To apply for UBC’s International Scholars Program, all applicants must fill out an online application form by pressing the Apply Now button and following the instructions.
For more information about the program visit their website In case of inquiries, please contact the UBC team here.
See More Opportunities: