University of Glasgow is currently accepting applications for the 2023-2024 academic year. Our institution is dedicated to providing exceptional educational opportunities that help you achieve your academic and career objectives.
We invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
To ensure your success, we recommend reviewing our admission requirements carefully. Additionally, we encourage you to explore our extensive range of programs, which cater to a broad range of interests. As a potential student, we have created a tailored blog with valuable information to help you make an informed decision.
About the University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow, a non-profit public higher education institution, was established in 1451 and is located in Glasgow, Scotland, with branch campuses in Dumfries and Singapore. It is a coeducational institution with an enrollment range of 30,000-34,999 students.
The university offers a variety of programs and courses leading to recognized higher education degrees. These degrees include pre-bachelor’s, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees in various fields of study. Admission to the university is selective and based on student’s academic records and grades.
International applicants are also eligible for enrollment. In addition to academic offerings, the university provides various academic and non-academic services and facilities to students, such as a library, housing, sports facilities, scholarships, study abroad opportunities, online courses, and administrative services. This UK higher-education institution has a rich history, spanning 572 years.
Why should I consider the University of Glasgow?
Glasgow, with the second largest student population in the UK, offers a welcoming and vibrant environment for students. Recently voted the world’s friendliest city in a Rough Guides survey, it boasts a thriving cultural scene, numerous green spaces, and a rich history.
Students have a choice of highly respected universities to attend, including the University of Glasgow, the University of Strathclyde, the Glasgow Caledonian University, and the Glasgow School of Art. Each institution caters to a diverse range of interests, with state-of-the-art learning facilities, and plenty of additional study spots throughout the city, such as the Mitchell Library or cosy cafes.
Glasgow’s nickname, “dear green place” in Gaelic, reflects the city’s 90 parks and gardens, making it one of the greenest cities in the world. The city’s extensive grounds, such as Kelvingrove Park and the Botanic Gardens, provide students with ample opportunities to enjoy natural beauty. For those looking for a change of scenery, the Scottish countryside and highlands are a short journey away.
Glasgow’s city centre offers shopping, dining, and nightlife options. From high-end designer boutiques to vintage stores, the city has something for everyone. Restaurants across the city serve Scottish cuisine and flavours from around the world. Pubs, bars, and clubs like the Corinthian Club and Sub Club offer an exciting and lively nightlife scene.
Glasgow is also known for its art galleries, museums, and live music venues. Whether it’s the Kelvingrove Art Gallery, the Riverside Transport Museum, or King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut, there are endless sources of inspiration and entertainment for students. Additionally, the city’s outstanding sports facilities and clubs, including those at each university, make it easy for students to stay active and involved in their favourite sports.
Overall, Glasgow’s warm and welcoming atmosphere, diverse cultural offerings, and top-notch academic institutions make it an excellent choice for students seeking an enriching and fulfilling university experience.
University of Glasgow identity
- Name of the university: University of Glasgow
- Acronym: UofG
- Year of creation: 1451
- Motto: Via Veritas Vita, The Way, Truth and Life (John 14:6)
- Colours: black and yellow
University of Glasgow Campus Location
Address: University Avenue
G12 8QQ Scotland
Tel +44 (141) 330 2000
Fax +44 (141) 330 4505
Other locations are Dumfries and Singapore
Uof G Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
The University of Glasgow Tuition Details
Academic LevelDomestic StudentsInternational StudentsUndergraduate10,000-12,500 US$over 20,000 US$ (14,700 Euro)Postgraduate10,000-12,500 US$over 20,000 US$ (14,700 Euro)
Note: The above table shows the estimated tuition fees for local and international students in US dollars and Euros.
The University of Glasgow Admission Information
- University Admissions Information: Enrollment Policy: Coeducational (Open to Men and Women)
- International Students: Welcome to Apply for Admission
- Selection Criteria: Based on Past Academic Records and Grades
- Admission Rate: Unavailable Admission Office Address: 71 Southpark Avenue, Glasgow G12 8LB Contact Number: (141) 330 4515
University of Glasgow enrollment profile
Below are some key indicators of size and profile for the University of Glasgow, as published by UniRank:
- Student Enrollment: The University of Glasgow has an enrollment of 30,000-34,999 students.
- Academic Staff: The university employs 4,000-4,499 academic staff members.
- Control Type: The University of Glasgow is a public institution.
- Entity Type: The university is a non-profit organization.
- Academic Calendar: The academic year at the University of Glasgow is divided into semesters.
- Campus Setting: The university is located in an urban setting.
- Religious Affiliation: The University of Glasgow does not have a religious affiliation.
University of Glasgow Facilities and Services
UniRank offers an overview of Glasgow University’s facilities and services. These include a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid, study abroad programs, distance learning options, academic counselling, career services, and an institutional hospital.
University of Glasgow accreditation details
The University of Glasgow has received legal recognition and accreditation from the Privy Council. In addition, the university has obtained specialized or programmatic accreditations from various organizations such as the
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS)
- European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Boards Council (EAEVE)
- Australian Veterinary Boards Council (AVBC)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD-EQUIS)
- Association of MBAs (AMBA).
University of Glasgow Affiliations and Membership Details
The list below outlines the University of Glasgow’s notable memberships and affiliations, as published by UniRank. It’s worth noting that this list may not be exhaustive or current. For a complete overview, consult the University of Glasgow’s official website.
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
- European University Association (EUA).
- Russell Group
- Universitas 21 (U21)
- Universities in the UK
University of Glasgow’s Academic Structure
- College of the Arts
- School of Critical Studies
- School of Culture and Creative Arts
- School of Humanities
- School of Modern Languages and Cultures
- College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences
- School of Medicine, Dentistry and Nursing
- School of Chemistry
- School of Computing Science
- James Watt School of Engineering
- School of Geographical and Earth Sciences
- School of Mathematics and Statistics
- School of Physics and Astronomy
- School of Psychology
- College of Social Sciences
- Adam Smith Business School
- School of Education
- School of Interdisciplinary Studies
- School of Law
- School of Social and Political Sciences
University of Glasgow Social Media Platform
Evaluate the official social media accounts of the University of Glasgow on various platforms:
- Facebook: Assess the University of Glasgow’s Facebook page.
- Twitter: Evaluate the University of Glasgow’s Twitter profile.
- YouTube: Review the University of Glasgow’s YouTube channel.Instagram: Check out the University of Glasgow’s official Instagram page.
- LinkedIn: Analyze the University of Glasgow’s primary LinkedIn profile.
- TikTok: No official TikTok presence was found for the University of Glasgow.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the University of Glasgow admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: