University of Guelph is thrilled to offer an excellent opportunity to students who wish to apply for its International Student Undergraduate Research Assistantship (ISURA) for the 2023-2024 academic years.
Be sure to read this article to the end. Learn more about this program opportunity and how you could benefit from it.
The University Assistantship Program will be made available to students who wish to enrol in an undergraduate degree program at Guelph University. Successful applicants will be entitled to a full-time job opportunity during the summer.
By doing this, students must have saved enough money to cover all costs for the next academic year. In the beginning, students will be offered $9,027 as an ISURA.
About the University of Guelph
The University of Guelph is a prestigious public research university in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. The university was founded in 1964 after the amalgamation of Ontario Agricultural College, the MacDonald Institute, and the Ontario Veterinary College.
The college has transitioned to a full university and has enrolled 30,000 students. Similarly, the University of Guelph employs 839 full-time faculty. Additionally, it offers 94 undergraduate degrees, 48 graduate degrees, and 6 associate degrees in a variety of fields.
The University of Guelph is ranked No.4 in 2021 in terms of University Rankings in Canada. The university research centre is committed to the pursuit of truth and intensive research. It has more than 550 graduate students across 83 different countries who choose to complete their studies at the University of Guelph.
Why should you study at the University of Guelph?
The University of Guelph is poised to become a leading research institute in Canada within a short period. This is in terms of the development of people, scholars, and citizens. The university is taking steps to achieve these goals.
In the university work-study program, students will gain knowledge and experience by providing quality programs and assistance to students who will assist in their development as scholars and citizens during their studies at the university. It also provides a friendly environment for students and academic staff to interact and learn from each other.
Brief Overview of the University of Guelph
- Name of institution: University of Guelph
- Program: Undergraduate Research
- Type of award: Salary
- Application mode: Online
- Award Given: NA
- Nationality: All country
- Country of origin: Canada
Eligibility of the University of Guelph
- All international students of different nationalities are eligible to apply
- All undergraduate research courses or subjects will be taught by the university.
- To be eligible you must be an international student who is not a citizen of Canada whether a permanent resident or a protected person.
- You must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program.
- You must have a cumulative average of at least 70% in your academic grade
- You must return to study at the University of Guelph in a bachelor program in the fall semester immediately after the employment term.
- You must be engaged in full-time research during the tenure of the program.
How to apply
- Applicants must apply for ISURA positions through the On-campus employment section of Experience Guelph.
- Applicants should log in to the student section of Experience Guelph
- Click “On Campus Jobs and Opportunities” from the left-hand menu
- Click on “Summer Research Assistantships” from the Quick Search menu in the main window
- Select to sort the list by title, division, or type (ISURA).
- Applicants are required to apply for ISURA positions through the On-Campus
- To check your employment status in Experience Guelph, click the position title to view details
- By clicking “Apply” at the top of the post and submitting all documents required for the application.
- You must submit your cover letter addressed to the project supervisor
- A resume or CV stating your name, contact details, email address and student ID
- Briefly describe your background by including your previous training, awards and your area of interest in a project.
- An unofficial transcript
- And any other documents required for the application.
- Applicant must meet the university requirement for the research assistantship
- Applicants must be proficient in English and complete their English test requirements.
Benefits of the University of Guelph
Successful applicants will be awarded a full-time job opportunity during the summer months. This will enable students to save enough money for the next academic session. ISURA salaries start at $9,027 per year ($15.50 per hour). 35 hours per week for 16 weeks, plus 4% vacation pay.
To get more information about the scholarship opportunity, kindly visit the University of Guelph’s official website to get more updates.
Check other opportunities