University of Illinois at Chicago is currently accepting applications for the 2023-2024 academic year. This is focused on providing exceptional educational opportunities to help you reach your academic and professional objectives.
We invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
To ensure your success, we recommend that you thoroughly review our admission requirements. Additionally, we encourage you to explore our extensive selection of programs that cater to a variety of interests. As a prospective student, we have created a customized blog filled with valuable information to assist you in making an informed decision.
About the University of Illinois at Chicago
The University of Illinois at Chicago, founded in 1858, is a public state higher-education institution located in the urban area of Chicago, Illinois, serving a population of 1,000,000-5,000,000. UIC has branch campuses in Urbana-Champaign and Springfield.
Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, UIC is a large coeducational university with an enrollment range of 30,000-34,999 students. UIC offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees in various areas of study, as listed in the UniRank degree levels and areas of study table.
UIC employs a selective admission policy, considering entrance exams and students’ academic records and grades. The admission rate ranges from 70-80%, making it selective. International students are welcome to apply for admission.
UIC provides students with academic and non-academic resources, including a library, housing, sports facilities, financial assistance, study abroad programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services. As a 165-year-old institution, UIC has a rich history of higher education.
Why should I consider the University of Illinois at Chicago?
There are several compelling reasons to consider studying at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC):
- Academic Excellence: UIC is a highly-ranked research university that offers a wide range of academic programs across various fields of study. The university is consistently ranked among the top 100 public universities in the United States. Several of its programs are listed in the top 50 nationally.
- Diversity and Inclusion: UIC prides itself on being one of the most diverse universities in the United States, with a student body that reflects a wide range of backgrounds and perspectives. This diversity is reflected in the university’s academic programs, research initiatives, and student organizations.
- Location: UIC is located in Chicago, one of the most vibrant and culturally rich cities in the United States. Chicago is home to world-class museums, theatres, and sports venues, as well as a thriving business and technology community.
- Research Opportunities: UIC is a leading research university, with faculty members at the forefront of their fields. As a UIC student, you will have access to a wide range of research opportunities, from undergraduate research programs to graduate-level research assistantships.
- Career Preparation: UIC is committed to helping its students succeed in their careers. The university’s Career Services Center offers a wide range of resources and support, including career counselling, job search assistance, and networking opportunities with employers.
Overall, the University of Illinois at Chicago is an excellent choice for students looking for a top-tier academic experience in a diverse and dynamic city.
University of Illinois at Chicago identity
- Name of the university: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Acronym: UIC
- Year of creation: 1858
- Motto: Teach, research, serve, care
- Colours Indigo blue and flame red
University of Illinois at Chicago campus location
Address: 1200 West Harrison Street
Tel +1 (312) 996 7000
Fax +1 (312) 413 3393
Other locations are Urbana-Champaign and Springfield
University of Illinois at Chicago Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
University of Illinois at Chicago Tuition Details
- Academic LevelDomestic Students (per year)
- International Students (per year)Undergraduate12,500-15,000 US dollars (9,200-11,000 euros)over 20,000
- US dollars (14,700 euros)Postgraduate15,000-17,500 US dollars (11,000-12,900 euros)over 20,000 US dollars (14,700 euros)
Note: The figures are presented as a range of values because actual tuition fees may vary depending on factors such as the field of study, the duration of the program, and the specific policies of the institution. The values are also converted into euros using the exchange rate as of the knowledge cutoff date. However, please note that exchange rates fluctuate over time, so the actual euro amounts may differ if the exchange rate has changed significantly.
University of Illinois at Chicago Admission Information
University Admission Criteria
- The University welcomes applications from both men and women as a co-ed institution.
- It is also designated as an Asian American, Native American or Pacific Islander-serving institution to serve minorities.
- International students are encouraged to apply for admission.
- The selection process is based on a combination of entrance examinations and past academic records, including secondary school GPA and rank, completion of a college-preparatory program, recommendations, and admission test scores.
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is also required for non-native English speakers. There is no formal competency demonstration required.
- Other standardized tests such as Wonderlic and WISC-III are not mandatory for admission. The university admission rate ranges from 70-80%.
- For more information on how to apply, please contact the University’s Admission Office at PO Box 5220, Chicago 60680-5220, or call (312) 996 4350.
University of Illinois at Chicago enrollment profile
Below are some key indicators of the size and profile of the University of Illinois at Chicago, as published by UniRank:
- Student Enrollment: The University of Illinois at Chicago has an enrollment of between 30,000 and 34,999 students.
- Academic Staff: The university has between 3,500 and 3,999 academic staff members.
- Control Type: The University of Illinois at Chicago is a public state institution.
- Entity Type: The university is a non-profit entity.
- Academic Calendar: The academic calendar at the University of Illinois at Chicago is organized around semesters.
- Campus Setting: The university is located in an urban setting.
- Religious Affiliation: UIC has no religious affiliations.
University of Illinois at Chicago Carnegie Classification
- According to uniRank, the official Carnegie classification for the University of Illinois at Chicago is “Doctoral Universities: Very High Research Activity”.
- In the 2000 classification, it was categorized as “Doctoral/Research Universities-Extensive”.
- The institution is a four-year, large, primarily nonresidential university with a majority undergraduate enrollment profile.
- It is a selective, high-transfer-in institution with a four-year, full-time undergraduate instructional program and a balanced arts and sciences/professions curriculum.
- The university also has a graduate instructional program with a balanced arts and sciences/professions curriculum and high graduate coexistence.
UIC Facilities and Services
- UIC offers a range of facilities and services, as summarized by UniRank.
- One such facility is the university’s library, which provides access to a vast collection of physical and digital resources.
- The library holds 2,749,951 physical volumes, 9,300 physical media items, and 635 licensed digital/electronic databases. There are 4 branches of the library on campus.
- The university also provides on-campus housing for students, with a total dormitory capacity of around 3,400 students in the 2018 academic year. In addition, the university offers sports facilities, financial aid, study abroad programs, distance learning options, academic counselling, career services, and an institutional hospital.
University of Illinois at Chicago accreditation details
UIC has received institutional recognition and accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission since 1965. Additionally, the university has obtained specialized or programmatic accreditations from several organizations including the
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- Applied and Natural Science Accreditation Commission (ANSAC)
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC)
- Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET.
University of Illinois at Chicago Academic Structure
- College of Applied Health Sciences
- College of Architecture and the Arts
- College of Business Administration
- College of Dentistry
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Medicine
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Public Health
- College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs
- Jane Addams College of Social Work
- Graduate college
- Honors College
University of Illinois at Chicago Affiliation and Membership Details
UniRank has listed some of the most significant memberships and affiliations of the University of Illinois at Chicago; nevertheless, the list may not be exhaustive or current. For a comprehensive list, please refer to the university’s website or contact them directly. UniRank lists the following affiliations and memberships:
- The University of Illinois System (UIS).
- Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU).
- National Athletic Association (NAA).
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
University of Illinois at Chicago Social Media Platform
- Facebook: Review of the University of Illinois at Chicago’s Facebook page –> University of Illinois at Chicago’s official Facebook page
- Twitter: Review of the University of Illinois at Chicago’s Twitter page –> University of Illinois at Chicago’s official Twitter page
- YouTube: Review of the University of Illinois at Chicago’s YouTube channel –> University of Illinois at Chicago’s official YouTube channel
- Instagram: The University of Illinois at Chicago’s official Instagram page remains the same.
- LinkedIn: The University of Illinois at Chicago’s main LinkedIn profile remains the same.
- TikTok: There is no official TikTok account for the University of Illinois at Chicago.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the University of Illinois at Chicago admission official websites to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: