University of Kent is currently offering British Council Scholarships to Nigerian students who wish to pursue a career in law. The University of Kent is offering a £10,000 scholarship to a Nigerian student who is pursuing a career in law at the Canterbury campus.
If you want to get started with the application process, then I assure you that you are reading the right article. Please ensure you read this article to the end.
The Study UK campaign delivers the program in partnership with the Ministry of Justice and the University of Kent. With the scholarship program, the UK is promoting its long and fascinating history of law as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
About the University of Kent
The University of Kent was formerly known as the University of Kent at Canterbury. It is a semi-collegiate public research university located in Kent, United Kingdom. The university was granted its royal charter on 4th January 1965. The university has admitted international students from 158 different nationalities and 41% of academic and research staff are not from the United Kingdom.
The university is a member of the Santander European Network of Universities encouraging social and economic development. Kent is a research-led university with 24 schools and 40 specialist research centres among which are technology, medical studies, sciences, social sciences, arts and humanities.
Research Assessment Exercise 2014 found that the University of Kent was ranked 40th out of 128 participating institutions in a grade point average league table. This was in the Times Higher Education Supplement. Kent offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs as well as 360-degree programs of high quality.
University of Kent: Why should you study there?
Kent offers innovative modules that provide students with employability skills to prepare them for future employment opportunities. Kent University also aims to provide excellent academic and personal support to all students pursuing a course in the UK.
The university system of learning ensures that each student is fairly treated and is suited to their program while continuing their program. Currently, the university is offering a 10% discount on tuition fees for all international students.
University of Kent Scholarship Details
- Name of university: University of Kent
- Department: Justice and Law
- Program: LLM
- Scholarship Stipend: £10,000 to cover one year’s tuition fees
- Mode of application: Online
- Number of awards: Varies
- Nationality: Nigerian
- Country: UK
University of Kent Scholarship Eligibility
- All Nigerian students are eligible to apply for the award.
- All courses or subjects for LLM study in Justice and Law are taught by the University
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens and be assessed as overseas fee payers
- Before the deadline date of April 28th, 2023, applicants must have received a conditional offer of admission to the Kent LLM, based at the Canterbury campus, and acknowledge this.
- Applicants must submit their work experience or proof of interest in any field of discipline.
- Applicants must show enthusiasm to embody the UK Higher Education experience by committing to lectures and tutorials and taking part in extra-curricular activities as well as acting as an ambassador for UK Higher Education with the aim of promoting the value of studying at a UK HEI;
- Applicants must be willing to establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar through personal and academic fulfilment
- You must represent the high standards of the Great brand by becoming an advocate for scholarships
- Applicants must be willing to attend a networking event of all UK-based Great Scholars to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK.
University of Kent Scholarship Application Process
- Applicants should submit their applications through the applicant portal. Applicants can only apply for the scholarship award once they have received an offer for their LLM program from the University of Kent
- Applicants must submit an essay of no more than 500 words. Students should choose a topic based on their interests and what compelled them to apply for the chosen degree program.
- All applications are considered on merit and also accept Nigerian students’ qualifications and experience.
- Applicant must submit proof of English Language Entry Requirements both written and spoken.
Benefits of applying for a Kent Scholarship
- Scholarships will be awarded to successful applications from Nigerian students who wish to apply for cLLM courses at the University.
- The University is currently offering British Council Scholarships to Nigerian students who wish to pursue a career in law. The University is offering a £10,000 scholarship to a Nigerian student who is pursuing a career in law at the Canterbury campus.
To get more information about the scholarship opportunity, kindly visit the University of Kent’s official website to get the latest updates.