Application is ongoing for the University of Melbourne Scholarship program for the 2023- 2024 academic session. It is fully funded. If you’re a student looking for fully-funded scholarships, this is your opportunity to study in Australia. scholarshiplink.info is here to guide you in the application process.
Here is a step by step guide on how to help you successfully apply for the University of Melbourne Scholarship which is currently ongoing for the 2023 -2024 academic session.
About the University of Melbourne Scholarship
The University of Melbourne has over the year been known for high qualify professional and public research. It’s one of the popularly known universities located in Melbourne, Australia. It’s known as the second-oldest university in Australia and as well the oldest in Victoria State. This scholarship was established in 1853.
The University of Melbourne is ranked 33 worldwide and 2nd in Australia. Graduates, undergraduates, Masters, and Ph.D. students who wish to study in Australia can apply for this scholarship.
The scholarship program is also open to students of all nationalities and has awarded scholarships to more than 1000 undergraduates and 600 graduate students. The University of Melbourne offers partial and full funding to applicants who have been accepted. This scholarship is fully funded for international students.
If you’re one of the successful applicants, you’ll be entitled to tuition fees, travel expenses, allowances, and living stipends of $31,200 per academic year session. During the scholarship program, you’ll be rewarded for your dedication to your academics if you perform well. There’re a lot of research opportunities that ate fully funded.
For your academic excellence, you’ll be given prizes as early as your first-year undergraduates and up to a Ph.D. level. This is to encourage you in improving your performance in your studies. Again, these prizes you receive will boost your CV and support you very well during job search.
The University of Melbourne scholarship program is for international students and impacts over 1300 students yearly or on a short-term basis. Similarly, graduate students looking for funding can apply for this scholarship.
Benefits of the University of Melbourne Scholarship
If you are successful in the University of Melbourne scholarship program, you become entitled to the following benefits: –
- If you’re a student pursuing a two-year research degree in master’s or a four-year doctoral degree, you’re entitled to a full fee offset
- If you’re a student enrolled in a two-year master’s program or up to 3.5, you’re entitled to a living stipend of about $31,200 per full-time study.
- If you’re relocating from States other than Victoria, $2000 grants will be given to to you
- If you’re moving from outsite Australia, $3000 grants will be given to you.
- If you’re currently living outside Australia, you’re also entitled to Student visa to study in Australia
- You’re also entitled to overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
Eligibility for the University of Melbourne Scholarship
If you want to be eligible for the University of Melbourne Scholarship program, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Language: English
- Country to apply: All countries around the globe.
Students must have met the requirements for a master’s degree in research at the University of Melbourne. Additionally, they must be pursuing a research degree at the University of Melbourne.
Easy step-by-step guide on how to apply for a University of Melbourne Scholarship
- Choose your course:
The following are graduate research courses, which applicants can purchase or supply. This includes a Doctorate of Philosophy and a Master of Research.
- Check eligibility and fees: Without minimum eligibility applicants cannot apply for graduate research courses. This includes course requirements, English language proficiency, and meeting the student visa conditions established by the Department of Home Affairs
Fees: Successful applicants will be given a graduate research scholarship with a full stipend for living. Yearly, over 300 students are awarded scholarships to international graduate researchers
- Preparation of documents: You’re expected to provide your academic transcript and your CV at the time of application. If you’re currently studying in your final year, you must submit the compilation of your results. Most times, students may be required to provide their research proposal, samples of creative works, and GRE or GMAT test results.
You’re expected/required to submit your referees’ contact details and names. Once your application has been approved, your referees will be contacted via email to fill and submit their details. It’s strictly your duty to inform your referees before submitting their details to avoid disqualification.
- Sending of Application to Melbourne
You’re advised to submit your application as early as possible to stand better chance of being selected.
How to get started with the application process(the University of Melbourne Scholarship)
- If you are a current student at the University of Melbourne, visit your student account to apply.
- If you are a new student you can apply directly online by attaching your academic transcripts to your application..
- If you need help, you may request the service of an overseas representative to help you with your application process.
Your Expectation After Applying – What to Expect
- Make sure you’re available and accessible to receive the offer: After you have completed your application, make sure you’re always available and reachable via email. This is because successful candidates will be notified via email.
- First, you will receive an email confirming that your application has been successfully submitted, it contains your your student ID and application reference number.
- Subsequently, in most graduate research programs, the school will assess your application within 8 to 12 weeks.
- You will receive a direct email notifying you that you have been successfully admitted.
- However, if the offer is conditional, you must fulfill the conditions before your application can be fully accepted.
Even if your results are not complete, you can still apply for a scholarship. But be sure to select Digital VIA at the time of submitting the application. This will enable you to obtain verified digital copies of academic documents for interim qualifications to help speed up your application.
For more information about the University of Melbourne Scholarship, interested applicants are urged to visit Melbourne Scholarship’s official website.