University of Melbourne Scholarship is ongoing for the 2023- 2024 academic session. Students looking for full-funded scholarships to study in Australia can apply to the University of Melbourne.
You’re on the right page if you want to learn how to apply for a scholarship at the University of Melbourne. Make sure you read this step-by-step guide for your own benefit. The University of Melbourne Scholarship is currently open for 2023-2024 applicants.
About the University of Melbourne Scholarship
The University of Melbourne is known for public research and is located in Melbourne, Australia. This scholarship was established in 1853. It is known to be the second-oldest university in Australia and it is also the oldest in Victoria State.
Globally, the University of Melbourne is ranked 33 worldwide and 2nd in Australia. Graduates, undergraduates, Master, and Ph.D. students who wish to study in Australia can apply for this scholarship.
The scholarship program is also open to students of all nationalities and has awarded scholarships to 1000 undergraduates and 600 graduate students. The University of Melbourne offers partial and full funding to applicants who have been accepted. This scholarship is fully funded for international students.
Successful applicants will be entitled to tuition fees, travel expenses, allowances, and living stipends of $31,200 per academic year session. In the course of the scholarship program, students will be rewarded for their dedicated work and academic achievement.
Students will be given prizes as early as first-year undergraduates and up to a Ph.D. level to encourage them in their studies. Additionally, these prizes form an integral part of your CV and support your school expenses.
The University of Melbourne scholarship program is for international students and impacts over 1300 students yearly or on a short-term basis. Similarly, graduate students looking for funding can apply for this scholarship.
Benefits of the University of Melbourne Scholarship
The University of Melbourne provides applicants with the following benefits: –
- Students who are pursuing a two-year research degree in master’s or a four-year doctoral degree are entitled to a full fee offset
- Students who are enrolled in a two-year master’s program or up to 3.5 are entitled to a living stipend of $31,200 per full-time study.
- $2000 grants will be given to students who are relocating from States or Territories rather than Victoria. $3000 grants will be given to students who are moving from outside Australia.
- Student visas to study in Australia will be granted to applicants with Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
Eligibility for the University of Melbourne Scholarship
For you to be eligible for the University of Melbourne Scholarship, interested applicants are required to fill in all of the following criteria:
- Language: English
- Country to apply: All countries around the globe.
- Students must have met the requirements for a master’s degree in research at the University of Melbourne. Additionally, they must be pursuing a research degree at the University of Melbourne.
Essay step-by-step guide on how to apply for a University of Melbourne Scholarship
1. Choose your course:
The following are graduate research courses, which applicants can purchase or supply. This includes a Doctorate of Philosophy and a Master of Research.
2. Check eligibility and fees: Without minimum eligibility applicants cannot apply for graduate research courses. This includes course requirements, English language proficiency, and meeting the student visa conditions established by the Department of Home Affairs
Fees: Successful applicants will be given a graduate research scholarship with a full stipend for living. Every year, more than 300 students are offered scholarships to international graduate researchers
3. Preparation of documents: Applicants are required to provide their academic transcript and their CV at the time of application. Students who are currently studying in their final year must submit the compilation of their results. Most times, students may be required to provide their research proposal, samples of creative works, and GRE or GMAT test results.
Applicants are required to submit their referees’ contact details and names. Once the applicant’s application has been successfully approved, their referees will be sent an email to fill in their details. Ensure you notify your referees before submitting their entries.
4. Sending of Application to Melbourne
Students are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible to receive immediate recommendations.
How to get started with the application process(the University of Melbourne Scholarship)
- If you are a current student at the University of Melbourne, visit your student account to apply.
- If you are a new student you can apply directly online by attaching your academic transcripts to your application..
- If you need help, you may request the service of an overseas representative to help you with your application process.
5. Be assessed and wait for offers: Once your application has been successfully approved, you will receive a confirmation email with your student ID and application reference number. In most graduate research programs, the school will assess your application within 8 to 12 weeks. If you have been successfully admitted, you will be sent an offer directly to your email. However, if the offer is conditional, you must fulfill the conditions before your application can be fully accepted.
It is irrelevant that your results are not complete. You can still apply for a scholarship. You can select Digital VIA at the time of submitting the application. This will enable you to obtain verified digital copies of academic documents for interim qualifications to help speed up your application.
For more information about the University of Melbourne Scholarship, interested applicants are urged to visit Melbourne Scholarship’s official website.