University of New South Wales is currently accepting applications for the 2023-2024 academic year. Our institution offers exceptional and innovative educational opportunities that can help you achieve your academic and professional goals.
We warmly welcome you to embark on this exciting journey with us.
To ensure you have all the necessary information, we highly recommend reviewing our admission criteria. Additionally, we encourage you to explore the diverse range of programs we offer.
For prospective students like you, we have curated a personalized blog that serves as an invaluable resource. This blog provides insightful information to help you make an informed decision.
About the University of New South Wales
The University of New South Wales, founded in 1949, is a public non-profit higher education institution located in the metropolitan city of Sydney, New South Wales. It has a large enrollment range of over 45,000 students and is officially recognized by the Department of Education and Training of Australia.
UNSW is a coeducational institution that offers various degree programs, including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees in different fields of study. International students are welcome to apply for enrollment. The university provides both academic and non-academic facilities and services, such as housing, a library, sports facilities, scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, and administrative services.
Why should I consider the University of New South Wales?
Housing: In Sydney, the average weekly rental price for a house is AUD 865 and $730 for a unit. Housing prices are lower in regional New South Wales. The weekly rent for a house ranges from $330 to $370, and for a unit, it’s between $240 and $310.
As the student rental market in New South Wales is highly competitive, seeking advice or referrals from your institution’s housing service is recommended. Keep in mind that the figures mentioned may vary depending on your preferred location. Studying in New South Wales:
New South Wales is home to world-class universities, research organizations, vocational institutions, and prestigious colleges in Sydney. NSW’s education system offers innovative and industry-relevant education, providing a broad range of courses and degrees in various fields, such as the arts, medicine, sciences, and classical studies.
In addition, regional campuses and institutions offer courses in agriculture and sub-fields such as viticulture.
New South Wales holds an excellent reputation among international students due to its diverse cultural environment, high-quality teaching and research, and safe study environment. New South Wales’ research sector and universities are connected to global research networks and industries.
This provides domestic and international students with work-ready skills while studying and completing their degrees. Furthermore, NSW has the most extensive research sector in Australia.
Sydney has nine universities and five in New South Wales. With a total student population of 391,000, 23% of students are international, and 77% of students are interstate students. NSW has a wide range of TAFE institutes and higher education providers, making it the largest state in Australia.
The University of New South Wales’ identity
- Name: University of New South Wales
- Acronym: UNSW
- Year of creation: 1949
- Motto Scientia Manu et Mente,Knowledge by hand and mind
- Colours: Black and gold
The University of New South Wales Campus Location
Address: Gate 9, High Street, Kensington
2052 New South Wales
Tel +61 (0)2 9385 1000
Fax +61 (0)2 9385 2000
The University of New South Wales Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
The University of New South Wales Admission Information
- University Admissions at UNSW is open to both men and women and welcomes international applicants to apply for admission.
- However, the selection type and admission rate are not reported.
- The admission office is located at Gate 9, High St, UNSW Kensington 2052.
The University of New South Wales’ enrollment profile
UniRank has released significant size and profile metrics for UNSW, which are provided below.
- Total student enrollment: More than 45,000
- Number of Academic Staff: More than 5,000
- Control Type: Public
- Entity Type: Non-profit
- Academic Calendar: Not disclosed
- Campus Setting: Suburban
- Religious affiliation: None
UNSW Facilities and Services
UniRank has provided an overview of UNSW’ facilities and services. These include a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid, study abroad opportunities, and distance learning. However, information on academic counselling, career services, and an institutional hospital was not reported.
The University of New South Wales accreditation details
The Department of Education and Training of Australia grants legal recognition or accreditation to the UNSW.
Additionally, the University holds specialized or programmatic accreditations from various organizations, including
- CPA Australia, Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA)
- Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI)
- Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Engineers Australia
- National ELT Accreditation Scheme Limited (NEAS).
The University of New South Wales Affiliations and Membership Details
UNSW has various memberships and affiliations, as listed on UniRank. It is important to note that this list may not be exhaustive or current. For a comprehensive list, visit the university’s website. Some of the notable memberships and affiliations of UNSW include:
- Group of Eight (GO8)
- Universities in Australia
- Universitas 21 (U21)
- Global Alliance of Technological Universities (GlobalTech).
- PLUS Alliance
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
- Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU).
The University of New South Wales’ academic structure
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Australian Defence Force Academy
- Australian Graduate School of Management
- The Australian School of Business
- Faculty of the Built Environment
- Faculty of the College of Fine Arts
- Faculty of Commerce and Economics
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Science
The University of New South Wales Social Media Platform
- Facebook: Check out the official Facebook page of The University of New South Wales.
- Twitter: Check out UNSW official Twitter page.
- YouTube: Check out the official YouTube channel of The University of New South Wales.
- Instagram: Check out UNSW official Instagram page.
- LinkedIn: Check out the main LinkedIn profile of The University of New South Wales.
- TikTok: Not applicable (n.a.) as The University of New South Wales does not have an official TikTok presence.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the University of New South Wales admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: