The University of Winnipeg will grant 18 scholarships to overseas students applying for the first time in Canada.
If you wish to study in Canada at the University of Winnipeg kindly read this article to the end for easy guideline on how to apply for this program.
The University of Winnipeg will grant 18 scholarships to overseas students applying for the first time in Canada. This valuable scholarship is open to applicants with great leadership abilities, who have a great academic background of a minimum of 80%, who are looking for scholarship options, and who wish to study in Winnipeg University.
About the University of Winnipeg
The University of Winnipeg (UW, UWinnipeg) is a public research university located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. This great university provides undergraduate and graduate study programs in art, business, economics, education, science, anaesthesiology, and applied health.
Manitoba and Wesley College were the two founding colleges of UWinnipeg that were united in 1938 to establish United College. In 1967, when United College acquired its charter, the University of Winnipeg was established.
Important Details of the Scholarship
- Application Start for Spring/Summer 2023, Fall 2023, and Winter 2023: January 2023
- Applications Deadline for Fall 2023: February 1, 2023Applications
- Deadlines for Winter 2024: July 1, 2023
- Host Organization: University of Winnipeg
- Country: Canada
- Number of Opportunity: 18
- Level of Study: Bachelor, Graduate, Collegiate, PACE or ELP
Benefits of the scholarship
The President’s Scholarship award value at the University of Winnipeg for Bachelor’s and Graduate degrees are $5,000, and for Collegiate, PACE and ELP is $35,00.
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Proof of a minimum entrance of 80% average or above.
- Must be an international student from any nationality
- You must be starting their first year of study in any program
- You must show excellent leadership abilities.
- You must submit a comprehensive admission application by the deadline.
- Pre-Masters or Qualifying year students are not eligible to apply.
Applicants should meet one of the following language requirements for this Scholarship Program:
- Duolingo English Test: Minimum 120
- TOEFL: A minimum 86 score with no less than 20 in each component
- IELTS: Minimum overall score of 6.5
- PTE: Minimum score of 58
- Cambridge Assessment English: C1 Advanced and C2 Proficiency with minimum score of 180
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL): Minimum score 60 and CAEL Online: 70
- The Winnipeg University ELP: Successful completion of Academic Level 5
- University and College Entrance Academic English Program: Successful completion
Note: Please read more about English language requirements here.
Required Documents for the Scholarship
Applicants need to provide and submit all required documents:
- Fill out an Admission Application Form for the University
- Fill out the Web Application Form completely.
- A personal statement of 250-500 words
- English proficiency certificate
- An updated CV
- Two recommendation letters from people familiar with the applicant’s extracurricular activities and volunteer work.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants should submit their complete application and supporting documents using the university’s online portal by entering the link below.
For detailed information about the Winnipeg President’s Scholarship for World Leaders, please visit the University Website.
See More Opportunities: