Applications for the 2023-2024 academic session are now accepted by the USYD (University of Sydney). This is a renowned education institution committed to dynamic and inventive learning experiences.
We invite you to join our esteemed university and embark on an enriching journey towards academic and career goals.
We encourage you to learn more about our admission procedures and explore the numerous advantages of studying with us. For a thorough understanding of our admission policies and benefits, we highly recommend browsing through our exceptional blog created exclusively for potential students.
This invaluable resource will equip you with all the information you require.
About the USYD
The University of Sydney (USYD), a non-profit public higher education institution, was founded in 1850 and is located in the urban setting of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, with a population range of 1,000,000-5,000,000 inhabitants. It is officially recognized by the Department of Education and Training of Australia and is a coeducational institution with a large student enrollment range of over 45,000.
The University offers a wide range of degree programs, including pre- bachelor’s degrees (such as certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctorate degrees, in various fields of study. Applicants who are eligible for enrollment may apply for enrollment.
In addition, the University provides various academic and non-academic facilities and services, such as a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid and scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services, to its students. For more information on degree levels and areas of study, please refer to the UniRank table below.
Why should I consider the University of Sydney?
On October 13, 2022, discover why Sydney is the perfect destination for university life, whether you’re a domestic or international student. Here are five reasons why studying in Sydney is a fantastic choice.
The climate of Sydney boasts more than 300 days of sunshine each year, making it an ideal place to enjoy outdoor activities like surfing, hiking, and paddleboarding. The weather is also ideal for exploring the city’s many green spaces and beaches, where you can soak up the sun with new friends. From the coast to the mountains, there are plenty of ways to experience Sydney’s unique lifestyle.
Education Sydney is home to six top-tier universities, including Sydney University and UNSW, both ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The institutions offer a wide range of globally recognized courses, making them an excellent destination for students from all over the world. Universities are also known for their academic research, providing students with access to world-class resources.
Multicultural environment Sydney is a culturally diverse city, with people from different ethnicities and languages found on every street. The city’s six universities have a significant multicultural mix, providing a welcoming atmosphere for international students.
With over 50,000 international students enrolling each year, Sydney offers a high quality of life, immersive experiences, and multicultural events, making it a top student choice.
The City of Beaches Sydney is renowned for its iconic beaches, including Bondi, Manly, and Coogee. These beaches offer breathtaking scenery and a range of aquatic activities like surfing and paddleboarding. The city’s many waterways can also be explored by ferry, providing an exclusive perspective on the city.
Research also suggests that living by the sea can boost mental and physical health, providing the perfect antidote to exam stress.
Getting around Sydney has a fantastic public transport system, including ferries, buses, light rail, and trains. With an Opal card, students can access convenient and affordable transportation options to help them make the most of their time. Additionally, Sydney has extensive bike paths and walkways that connect the city highlights, providing a fun and healthy way to explore this beautiful city.
The University of Sydney Identity
- Name of the university: The University of Sydney
- Acronym: USYD
- Year of creation: 1850
- Motto: Sidere mens eadem mutato
- The stars change, but the mind remains the same
- Colours: Blue, gold and red
The University of Sydney Campus Location
AddressBuilding A14, Camperdown
2006 New South Wales
AustraliaTel+61 (0)2 9351 2222Fax+61 (0)2 9351 4607
USYD Study Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
The University of Sydney tuition details
The Tuition Range Table™ provided by UniRank does not disclose tuition fees for undergraduate and postgraduate programs for local or international students.
The University of Sydney Admission Information
- University Admissions Information The University of Sydney is a coeducational institution that welcomes both male and female students.
- International applicants are encouraged to apply for admission
- Information about the selection process and admission rates is unavailable. If you have questions about the admission process, please contact the International Office at Services Building G12, University of Sydney, Sydney 2006. You can also call (02) 9351 4079.
The University of Sydney’s Enrollment Profile
- The student enrollment exceeds 45,000, and the academic staff count ranges from 3,000 to 3,499.
- The control type is public, and the entity type is non-profit.
- The academic calendar follows semesters, and the campus is situated in an urban setting.
- There is no religious affiliation.
The University of Sydney Facilities and Service
- UniRank offers an overview of the facilities and services available at The University of Sydney. This includes a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid, study abroad opportunities, and distance learning.
- However, information on academic counselling, career services, and an institutional hospital is not reported.
The University of Sydney accreditation details
The Department of Education and Training of Australia has granted legal recognition and accreditation to the University of Sydney.
In addition, the University of Sydney has obtained specialized or programmatic accreditations from various organizations, including the
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- CPA Australia, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA)
- Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI)
- Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Engineers Australia.
USYD Affiliations and Membership Details
UniRank has compiled a list of significant memberships and affiliations of The University of Sydney. Please note that this list may not be comprehensive or current, and it is advisable to consult The University of Sydney’s website for complete information.
- Group of Eight (Go8)
- Universities in Australia
- Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU).
- Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL).
- Worldwide Universities Network (WUN).
The University of Sydney’s academic structure
- Carver College of Medicine
- College of Dentistry
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Law
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Public Health
- Graduate college
- Tippie College of Business
The University of Sydney Social Media Platform
- Facebook: Check out The University of Sydney’s official page on Facebook.
- Twitter: Check out The University of Sydney’s official Twitter page.
- YouTube: Visit the University of Sydney’s YouTube channel.
- Instagram: Explore The University of Sydney’s official page on Instagram.
- LinkedIn: View The University of Sydney’s main profile on LinkedIn.
- TikTok: The University of Sydney doesn’t have an official presence on TikTok.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the University of Sydney admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: