The Vrije University Fellowship Program (VUFP) provides a once-in-a-lifetime chance for excellent non-EU/EEA students to study a Master’s degree at Vrije University Amsterdam. This is a Partially funded program.
Kindly read this article till the end for easy steps on how to apply for this program.
The Vrije University Fellowship Program (VUFP) provides a once-in-a-lifetime chance for excellent non-EU/EEA students to study a Master’s degree at Vrije University Amsterdam. VU Amsterdam has pledged to invest around 1 million euros in attracting highly motivated and exceptional students.
About Vrije University
The Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is a public research university in Amsterdam, Netherlands, being founded in 1880. The VU Amsterdam is one of two large, publicly funded research universities in the city, the other being the University of Amsterdam (UvA).
The VU has received government funding on a parity basis with public universities since 1970. The university is located on a compact urban campus in the southern Buitenveldert neighbourhood of Amsterdam and adjacent to the modern Zuidas business district.
- Host University: Vrije University
- Opportunity Type: Partially funded
- Degree level: Master’s
- Fellowship Duration: 1 to 2 year(s)
- Fields of Study: Various
- Master’s Degree Admission Deadline: N/A
- Result Announcement: Mid March 2023
- Eligible Countries: All non EU/EEA countries
Eligibility Criteria for Vrije University Fellowship Program (VUFP):
- You hold a non- EU/ EEA passport and you are not eligible for the lower tuition fee.
- You are not a citizen of the Netherlands.
- You have the ability to demonstrate your academic proficiency (GPA equivalent to a Dutch 8).
- Starting in September 2023, you are conditionally or unconditionally admitted to the first year of a full-time English-taught Master’s program at Vrije University Amsterdam. Please note that students starting in February are not eligible to apply, and students enrolled in a joint program for which VU Amsterdam does not oversee the admissions procedure are not eligible for VUFP.
- You must have not earned the degree with which you are seeking admission in the Netherlands.
- You are not required to complete a preparatory program before beginning your Master’s program.
- Students who are already enrolled in a two-year Master’s program and were not awarded the VUFP scholarship in 2022/2023 are ineligible to apply for the VUFP scholarship in 2023/2024.
- One of their core values is diversity. As a result, they hope that many students from underrepresented countries (those with fewer than ten students enrolled) will apply for the VUFP.
Benefits of the Vrije University Fellowship Program (VUFP):
- The VUFP scholarship only covers the cost of tuition.
- It does not provide any additional funding for study or living expenses such as rent, food, or insurance. Keep in mind that you must be able to cover these living expenses on your own.
- You immediately apply for the HSP when you apply for the VUFP scholarship. There is no need for a separate application.
• HSP is a stipend to help with living expenses. It costs either 5,000 EUR or 10,000 EUR for the term of your studies.
• HSP scholarship is only available for the first year of your degree
• Even if you are enrolled in a two-year program, you will not be eligible for the HSP scholarship in your second year.
• HSP scholarships are offered in the range of 20 to 25.
• Only a few VUFP recipients will be eligible for the HSP scholarship.
- The VUFP scholarship is available for either a one-year or two-year Master’s program. Only if 100% of the ECTS from the first year are obtained will the scholarship be extended for the second year of a two-year Master’s program.
- Filled application form
- English proficiency proof
- Academic certificates and transcripts
- Any supporting document
How to apply for Vrije University Fellowship Program?
In Studielink, apply for a Master’s program, and then in your own dashboard on vu.nl. More information on how to apply for one of the English-taught Master’s programs may be found there. Please note that before applying for the VUFP scholarship, you must have been provisionally admitted to the Master’s program.
To apply, please fill out this form and attach the GPA proof/program transcript and a grading scale explanation at the bottom. Once completed, save it as a single.PDF file and upload it to the Scholarship section of your personal dashboard on vu.nl (located on the Complete Registration page).
Please keep in mind that you can only submit your application once. Before submitting your application, double-check to ensure that it is complete and sufficient. You will not be able to resubmit it!
For further information about Vrije University Fellowship Program (VUFP), Vrije University’s website.
See More Opportunities: