Washington State University is currently accepting applications for the academic year 2023-2024. Our institution holds a high reputation and values innovative and engaging educational opportunities.
We extend a warm invitation to join us on a fulfilling journey towards achieving your academic and career goals by enrolling at our university.
We urge you to review our admission criteria and discover the benefits of studying at our esteemed institution. To gain insight into our admission policies and programs, we recommend consulting our exceptional blog designed especially for prospective students. This valuable resource will equip you with all the necessary information required.
About Washington State University
Washington State University, a non-profit public state higher-education institution, was established in 1890 and is situated in Pullman, Washington – a rural setting in a large town with a population range of 10,000-49,999 inhabitants. Accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities,
WSU is a coeducational institution with a large student body (uniRank enrollment range: 30,000-34,999). The university offers various courses and programs leading to officially recognized degrees in different areas of study. These degrees include pre-bachelor’s degrees, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctorate degrees.
Admission to WSU is selective, based on entrance examinations, past academic records, and grades, with an admission rate range of 70-80%, making it somewhat selective. International students are also welcome to enrol. WSU provides a wide range of academic and non-academic facilities and services to students, such as a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid/scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services.
Why should I consider Washington State University?
Washington State University (WSU) has built an exceptional reputation for academic excellence, groundbreaking research, and fostering a diverse and inclusive community of students, faculty, and alumni for over a century. As a land-grant university, WSU is dedicated to producing civically responsible individuals. It is also dedicated to expanding human knowledge and making a positive impact on local communities and the world.
Looking towards an exciting and technologically advanced future, WSU has extended its reach from Washington State to the global community. Now, regardless of your location, you can pursue your academic goals while being a part of the Cougar community and its tradition of excellence.
WSU is recognized as one of America’s top research universities. It is one of only 115 U.S. colleges and universities out of over 4,600 public and private institutions named among doctoral universities with the “highest research activity” in the Carnegie Classification (2016).
WSU boasts prestigious faculty members elected to membership in the National Academies, the nation’s highest honour for scientific researchers.
The WSU community is diverse and inclusive, with students hailing from 48 states, and 98 countries, and representing many cultures and backgrounds. WSU values and embraces diverse perspectives, providing bridges across cultures for students to connect and learn from one another.
WSU’s powerful alumni network includes over 200,000 loyal Cougar alumni spanning all 50 states and 146 countries. These alumni connections can help fast-track fellow Cougs’ careers.
Washington State University’s identity
- Name of the university: Washington State University
- Acronym: WSU
- Year of creation: 1890
- Motto: World Class. Face to face.
- Colours: Crimson and gray
Washington State University Campus Location
Address: French Administration Building
United StatesTel+1 (509) 335 3564Fax+1 (509) 335 4902
Washington State University Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
Washington State University tuition details
LevelLocal StudentsInternational StudentsUndergraduate10,000-12,500 US$ (7,400-9,200 Euro)Over 20,000 US$ (14,700 Euro)Postgraduate12,500-15,000 US$ (9,200-11,000 Euro)Over 20,000 US$ (14,700 Euro)
Note: The above table shows the tuition fee range for local and international students at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Washington State University Admission Information
University Admissions Information:
- The university is co-educational and welcomes international students to apply for admission. The selection process is based on entrance examinations and students past academic records and grades.
- To be considered for admission, applicants must have a secondary school GPA and complete a college-preparatory program.
- Admission test scores, as well as a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score, are also required. Recommendations and formal competency demonstrations are not required.
- Secondary school rank is neither required nor recommended. Other tests such as Wonderlic or WISC-III are also neither required nor recommended.
- The university admission rate ranges from 70% to 80%.
- The admission office is located at 370 Lighty Student Services Bldg, PO Box 641067, Pullman 99164-1067, and can be contacted at (509) 335 5586 or 888-468-6978.
Washington State University Enrollment Profile
Below are the significant size and profile metrics for Washington State University as published by UniRank:
- Student Enrollment: 30,000 to 34,999
- Academic Staff: 2,000 to 2,499
- Control Type: Public State
- Entity Type: Non-profit
- Academic Calendar: Semesters
- Campus Setting: Rural
- Land Grant Institution: Yes
- Religious affiliation: None
Washington State University Carnegie Classification
- UniRank has officially classified Washington State University as a “Doctoral University: Very High Research Activity” according to the Carnegie classification.
- In the 2000 classification, it was classified as a “Doctoral/Research University-Extensive”.
- The university is a relatively large four-year institution with many undergraduate students.
- It is a selective institution that attracts many transfer students.
- The undergraduate instructional program at WSU offers a balanced mix of arts and sciences/professions, with a high number of graduate students also in attendance.
- Similarly, the graduate instructional program at WSU offers a balanced mix of arts and sciences/professions, with a high number of graduate students in attendance.
WSU Facilities and Services
- Basic Classification: Doctoral Universities with Very High Research Activity
- 2000 Classification: Doctoral/Research Universities – Extensive
- Size and Setting: Four-year, large, primarily residential institution
- Enrollment Profile: High undergraduate enrollment
- Undergraduate Profile: Four-year, full-time, selective institution with a high number of transfer students
- Undergraduate Instructional Program: Balanced arts and sciences and professional programs with a significant graduate student population
- Graduate Instructional Program: Balanced arts and sciences and professional programs with a significant graduate student population.
Washington State University accreditation details
Washington State University holds institutional recognition and accreditation from the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. Its initial accreditation was granted in 1932. Additionally, the university has obtained specialized or programmatic accreditations from various organizations, including the
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
Washington State University Affiliations and Membership Details
UniRank has released a list of Washington State University’s key memberships and affiliations. These include the
- Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU)
- National Athletic Association (NAA)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). It should be noted that this list may not be comprehensive or current. Individuals are encouraged to visit the university’s website for a full listing.
Washington State University’s academic structure
- Center for Theology and Land
- Centre for Youth Ministries
Washington State University’s Social Media Platform
- Please review the official Facebook page of Washington State University.
- Check out Washington State University’s Twitter page to review its content.
- You may want to check out Washington State University’s official YouTube channel by watching its videos.
- Check out Washington State University’s official Instagram page and comment.
- Please visit Washington State University’s LinkedIn social media profile.
- Washington State University has an official TikTok channel to check out.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the Washington State University admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: