Applications for the 2023-2024 academic session are now accepted at Washington University in St. Louis. This is a renowned institution known for its dynamic and innovative educational approach.
We are thrilled to invite you to embark on an exciting journey towards achieving your personal and professional goals with us.
We encourage you to look at our admission procedures and explore the numerous advantages of studying at our esteemed university. For more information about our admission policies and the many benefits of being a part of our community, we suggest checking out our blog which serves as an excellent resource
About Washington University in St. Louis
Washington University in St. Louis, a private non-profit university founded in 1853, is located in suburban St. Louis, Missouri. This is a medium-sized city with a population range of 250,000-499,999 inhabitants. The Higher Learning Commission has officially accredited the university.
It offers a wide range of programs leading to bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in various fields of study. With an enrollment range of 15,000-19,999 students, WashU is a coeducational institution. The university has a selective admission policy based on past academic records, grades, and entrance examinations.
It has an admission rate range of 10-20%, making it a highly selective institution. International students are also welcome to apply. WashU provides a range of academic and non-academic facilities and services to its students, including a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid and scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses and distance learning opportunities, as well as administrative services. This institution has served students for over 170 years.
Why choose Washington University in St. Louis
Washington University in St. Louis is a prestigious research university that offers a wide range of academic programs across various disciplines. There are several reasons to study at Washington University:
- Academic Excellence: Washington University is consistently ranked among the top 20 universities in the United States, and its academic programs are highly regarded. The faculty is renowned for their expertise and commitment to teaching, and the university provides ample resources for students to pursue their academic goals.
- Research Opportunities: Washington University is a research-intensive institution with a strong emphasis on interdisciplinary collaboration. As a student, you will have access to cutting-edge research facilities and opportunities to work with faculty on groundbreaking projects.
- Vibrant Campus Life: The university has a diverse student body from all around the world, creating a dynamic and stimulating environment for learning and personal growth. There are also over 300 student organizations, clubs, and events that provide ample opportunities for socializing, networking, and developing new skills.
- Location: WashUMissouri, is known for its rich cultural heritage, thriving arts scene, and affordable living costs. The university is situated in a beautiful residential neighbourhood, and there are numerous parks, restaurants, and shopping areas nearby.
- Career Preparation: The university has a strong focus on career preparation, and offers a wide range of resources to help students find internships, co-op experiences, and full-time employment after graduation. The Career Center offers personalized coaching, workshops, and networking events to help students succeed in their chosen fields.
Overall, studying at Washington University in St. Louis can provide you with an outstanding education, research opportunities, a vibrant campus life, and excellent career preparation.
Washington University in St. Louis Identity
- Name of the university: Washington University in St. Louis
- Acronym: WashU
- Year of creation: 1853
- Motto: Per veritatem vis, Strength through Truth
- Colours: red and green
Washington University in St. Louis Campus Location
Address: One Brookings Drive
United StatesTel+1 (314) 935 5000Fax+1
Washington University in St. Louis Areas of Study & Degree Levels
The UniRank Study Areas and Degree Levels Matrix™ categorizes academic disciplines into undergraduate and postgraduate levels across the following fields:
- Arts and Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and the Health Sciences
- Science and Technology
Washington University in St. Louis Tuition Range Details
The Tuition Range Matrix™ provided by UniRank shows the annual tuition fees for both undergraduate and postgraduate programs in two categories: local and international students. All categories charge 20,000 US dollars (14,700 euros) per year.
Washington University in St. Louis Admission Information
University Admissions Information
- The university welcomes applications from both men and women, making it a co-educational institution.
- International students are encouraged to apply for admission.
- Admission selection is based on a combination of factors, including entrance examinations, past academic performance and grades.
- New admission requirements include a recommendation for applicants to provide their secondary school GPA and rank.
- A secondary school record is required, and completion of a college-preparatory program is recommended.
- Recommendations from teachers or other professionals are also necessary.
- Formal competency demonstration is also recommended, as well as admission test scores.
- However, other tests such as Wonderlic and WISC-III are neither required nor recommended.
- Applicants whose primary language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). University admission rate ranges from 10-20%. For more information, please contact the Admission Office at Campus Box 1089, One Brookings Drive, St. Louis 63130-4899, by phone at (314) 935 6000 or toll-free at 800 638 0700.
Washington University in St. Louis Enrollment Prospects
- The educational institution has a student enrollment of 15,000 to 19,999 and employs 3,500 to 3,999 academic staff.
- It is a private, non-profit entity that operates on a semester-based academic calendar.
- The campus is located in a suburban area and is not affiliated with religious organizations.
Washington University in St. Louis Carnegie Classification
- The revised classification for this institution is “Doctoral Universities: Very High Research Activity” under the Carnegie Classification system.
- In the 2000 classification, it was categorized as “Doctoral/Research Universities-Extensive”.
- This institution is a large, highly residential four-year college with undergraduate enrollment.
- The undergraduate program is four-year and full-time, with a more selective admission process and a lower transfer-in rate.
- Undergraduate instructional programs are balanced between the arts and sciences and professional fields, with high graduate coexistence.
- The graduate program also offers a balanced curriculum between the arts and sciences and professional fields, with high undergraduate coexistence.
WashU Louis Facilities and Services
Facilities and Services:
- Library: Washington University in St. Louis boasts a comprehensive library collection, consisting of physical volumes (books, media, etc.) and digital/electronic items. The library reported a collection of 1,989,032 physical volumes, 65,839 physical media, 66,351 digital/electronic media, and 955 licensed digital/electronic databases in 2018. The university’s library system comprises 11 branches.
- Housing: On-campus housing is available to students at Washington University in St. Louis. As of the 2018 academic year, the university’s dormitory capacity, including both on- and off-campus options, was approximately 7,295 students.
- Sports Facilities: The university provides various sports facilities for students to engage in physical activity and fitness.
- Financial Aid: Washington University in St. Louis offers financial aid options to students who require assistance in funding their education.
- Study Abroad: Students have the opportunity to participate in study abroad programs offered by the university.
- Distance Learning: The university provides distance learning options for students who cannot attend classes on campus.
- Academic Counseling: The university offers academic counselling services to help students with academic concerns, such as course selection and study habits.
- Career Services: Career services are available to students to assist with career exploration, job searching, and career preparation.
Washington University in St. Louis Accreditation Details
Institutional Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
Specialized or Programmatic Accreditations:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
- American Bar Association (ABA), Council of the Section on Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
Washington University in St. Louis Affiliations and Membership Details
Affiliations and Memberships:
- The Association of American Universities (AAU).
- The National Athletic Association (NAA).
- The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Washington University in St. Louis Academic Structure
- College of Arts and Sciences
- School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Olin Business School
- Sam Fox School of Design and Virtual Arts
- George Warren Brown School of Social Work
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
Washington University in St. Louis Social Media Platforms
- Facebook: WashU Louis’s Facebook page is a social networking platform.
- Twitter: WashU Louis’ Twitter page serves as a webpage for microblogging and news updates.
- LinkedIn: WashU Louis’ LinkedIn profile facilitates business and academic networking.
- YouTube: WashU Louis’ YouTube or Vimeo channel offers videos.
- TikTok: WashU Louis does not have a TikTok account.
- Instagram: WashULouis’ Instagram or Flickr account shares photos.
To get more information about the admission process, Kindly visit the Washington University admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: