Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year are now open at York University. Our institution takes great pride in delivering an outstanding educational experience that empowers students to achieve their academic and career aspirations.
We cordially invite you to join this exciting journey.
To enhance your chances of acceptance, we recommend reviewing our admission requirements. Moreover, we encourage you to explore our wide range of programs that cater to various interests. As a potential student, we have created a personalized blog that provides valuable insights to help you make an informed decision.
About York University
York University is a non-profit, public university located in Toronto, Ontario. The university was established in 1959 and is accredited by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities of Ontario. With a large enrollment range of 40,000-44,999 students.
York University is a coeducational institution offering diverse programs leading to bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in various areas of study. The university welcomes international students and provides numerous academic and non-academic services and facilities, including a library, student housing, sports facilities, study abroad and exchange programs, as well as administrative services.
Why should I consider York University?
There are many reasons to study at York University. Here are some reasons:
- Excellent academic programs: York University offers over 200 undergraduate and graduate programs across various fields. The university is known for its strength in business, law, engineering, science, and the humanities.
- Research opportunities: York University is a research-intensive institution, with a wide range of research programs and opportunities for students. Students can get involved in research projects, work with faculty members, and gain valuable experience in their field of study.
- Diversity: YU is known for its diverse community, with students and faculty from over 150 countries. This creates a rich and vibrant learning environment, where students can learn from different perspectives and experiences.
- Location: YU is in Toronto, Canada’s largest city and one of the world’s most diverse and dynamic cities. Toronto is a hub for business, culture, and innovation, and offers countless opportunities for students.
- Support services: York University offers a wide range of support services for students, including academic advising, career services, counselling, and health services. These services help students succeed academically and personally.
YU offers high-quality education, research opportunities, a diverse community, and a supportive environment. These factors make it an excellent choice for students who want to further their education and achieve their career goals.
York University’s identity
- Name of the university: York University
- Acronym: YU
- Year of creation: 1959
- Motto: Tentanda via, The way must be tried
- Colours: red and white
York University campus location
Address: 4700 Keele Street
M3J 1P3 Ontario
CanadaTel+1 (416) 736 5002Fax+1 (416) 736 5913
York University Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
York University tuition details
Level of StudyLocal StudentsInternational StudentsUndergraduate5,000-7,500 US$ (3,700-5,500 Euro)over 20,000 US$ (14,700 Euro)Postgraduate5,000-7,500 US$ (3,700-5,500 Euro)12,500-15,000 US$ (9,200-11,000 Euro)
York University Admission Information
- Enrollment Policy: Coeducational (both men and women)
- International Students: Welcome to apply for admission
- Selection Criteria: Not specified
- Admission Rate: Not disclosed
- Admission Office: Not specified
York University’s Enrollment Profile
UniRank has released significant size and profile metrics for YU including:
- Student enrollment is estimated at 40,000 and 44,999 individuals.
- Academic staff members are undisclosed.
- Universities are publicly funded and controlled.
- It is classified as a non-profit institution.
- York University operates on a semester-based academic calendar.
- The campus is located in an urban area.
- There is no affiliation with religious organizations.
YU Facilities and Services
YU offers a range of facilities and services, as summarized by UniRank.
Facilities available include a library, housing, and sports facilities. Students can also take advantage of opportunities to study abroad.
There is no information reported on financial aid, distance learning, academic counselling, career services, or an institutional hospital.
York University accreditation details
YU has received legal recognition and accreditation from the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities of Ontario. Additionally, the university has obtained specialized or programmatic accreditations from the American Psychological Association (APA) and the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT).
York University’s academic structure
- Atkinson Faculty of Liberal and Professional Studies
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Environmental Studies
- Faculty of Fine Arts
- Glendon College
- Faculty of Graduate Studies
- Faculty of Health
- Osgoode Hall Law School
- Schulich School of Business
- Faculty of Science and Engineering
York University Affiliate and Membership Details
The following list highlights some of York University’s significant memberships and affiliations as published by UniRank. However, please note that this list may not be exhaustive or current. For a comprehensive list, please refer to York University’s website or contact them directly.
- Universities of Canada (UC)
- Council of Ontario Universities (COU).
- Canadian University Society for Intercollegiate Debate (CUSID).
- Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE).
- Canadian University Press (CUP).
York University Social Media Platform
UniRank offers a brief evaluation, ranking, and metric analysis of several York University social media channels. This is a helpful reference for comparison and an extra tool for potential applicants.
The following social media channels are analysed:
- Facebook: UniRank reviews York University’s official Facebook page.
- Twitter: UniRank evaluates York University’s official Twitter page.
- YouTube: UniRank reviews York University’s official YouTube channel.
- Instagram: UniRank examines York University’s official Instagram page.
- LinkedIn: UniRank assesses York University’s primary LinkedIn profile.
- TikTok: Not applicable, as York University does not have an official TikTok account.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit York University’s admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities:
The Universität Wien (University of Vienna) Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
The National University of Singapore Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
The University of Queensland Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session